New York Beats Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Vudu Lounge
Mc. Donalds. - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 12:31 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Ashlee, Evelyn, and Lola's Apartment
Mc. Donalds. - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 3:58 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Summer's Lament [OPEN]
Mc. Donalds. - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:47 pm by crm51

» Greenwich Hotel Info
Mc. Donalds. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:58 am by Tiger-Lily

» Brittany Hall Info
Mc. Donalds. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:52 am by Tiger-Lily

» Housing Registry 2011-2012
Mc. Donalds. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:24 am by Tiger-Lily

» Student Registry
Mc. Donalds. - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:40 pm by Tiger-Lily

» Italy: Summer 2011
Mc. Donalds. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:04 am by Tiger-Lily

» Jake's House: Birthday Flames [Jake/Antonio/Ashton]
Mc. Donalds. - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:18 am by Tiger-Lily

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 58 on Thu May 05, 2022 10:11 pm
Affiliates
RPG-D

Credits
Forum Skin: AnthoAsho
Header Image: Tiger-Lily (Admin)
Background/Other Images: Google Images

Mc. Donalds.

2 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Mc. Donalds. - Page 5 Empty Re: Mc. Donalds.

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:30 pm

For some reason, Evelyn was strongly reminded of James. Fancy speeches and hot air.

She didn't want to be reminded of that mess. Her anger fueled further.

She put her burger box into the bag that it had come in and stood up, tossing her soda into a trash can behind her. "Well, I'd rather you hold off on the fancy speeches altogether when your actions aren't backing them up," she said, grabbing her coat and pulling it on. "So far, I've just felt like an idiot placing all her eggs into one very unreliable basket that has no problem suddenly tipping over and crushing them all."

She picked up her McDonalds bag and finally looked down at him. "And for the record, I hate the word, "love". I'd rather you told me you liked me a thousand times than if you uttered the word "love" once. James wore it out and he was full of fancy speeches too." She turned and headed for the exit, yanking the door open harshly and stepping out into the street. A cold wind bit her cheeks but her anger was keeping her warm.

She wished Jake had never said that to her. No wonder she'd fainted! That word pretty much ruined everything. It made something meaningful seem like an overrated cliche highschool fling.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

https://newyorkbeats.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:32 pm

Jake got up leaving his food, and chasing after Evelyn running out of McDonald's forgetting all about getting food for Seth. He saw Evelyn and grabbed her arm turning her to face him, "I've told you I liked you and what actions do you want from me? I mean want me save you from some evil mustache twirling villain or something? What do you want? I mean you stand here and send mixed signals so of course my actions aren't gonna add up! You're not making it any easier either!"

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:40 pm

Her anger suddenly drained out of her and Evelyn's shoulders sagged. She looked down at her feet, expelling a tired breath. "I'm not sending..." She stopped and bit her lip, examining her shoes so she didn't have to look at him. "I just hate big speeches or declarations of love. I'd rather you never said half of it and proved it, not by rescuing me. In fact, I'd hate being rescued, it's very anti-feminist," she felt the need to inform him, looking over at the other side of the road.

"I just don't want a repeat performance of what happened with me and James. He was all grandiose and wordy and never meant half the shit he said. For one thing, he never really loved me at all, he was infatuated, and I think you might be mistaking it for love too."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:43 pm

Jake took a deep breath dropping his arms down to his sides, and scratched at his head absently, a lot of what she said made sense. "Okay. I can see where you're coming from, so then what do you suggest we do. Cause really this whole back and forth thing, its not good for either of us? I mean I'm willing to give us a shot, take things slow if that's what you want." He suggested to her, trying to curb her reaction.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:45 pm

Evelyn suddenly felt weird. Not in any emotional sense. Just...kind of dizzy and sick in her stomach. Whatever Ashlee had must be going around. She swallowed down a bitter taste in the back of her tongue and looked up at Jake.

Her head swam. God, I'm so tired...It's so cold.

"Um..." She blanked. And then remembered his words. "I don't know. It's just...everything's happening so fast. I'm just overwhelmed. I - I want to work things out, I just...don't you think we work better as friends? The moment we try for anything beyond that, it ends up ruined."

Last edited by Tiger-Lily on Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:49 pm

Jake tilted his head at Evelyn she had been looking kind of queasy, like she did earlier. He wondered if maybe she had been coming down with something hence her hiding out in that room, "Um you okay? You look like you wanna barf, no offense."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:58 pm

"They probably gave us stale burgers. Forget about it," Evelyn murmured, waving a dismissive hand.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:00 pm

"Okay, just making sure. Don't need you puking all over the place. Then it freezes and some poor old women with an oxygen tank and a cane slips and dies from it." Jake informed her.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:02 pm

Evelyn just shrugged, unsmiling, and turned around, heading back toward campus. She wondered if Alexis was home already. Poor Nova.

Her hand was throbbing again, even though she'd eaten with her left hand. She rubbed the bandage absently and fought down her rising nausea.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:26 pm

Jake just shrugged, and walked silently next to Evelyn as they both went back to the dorms without another word.

[[Siren and Bastard to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]]

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum