New York Beats Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Vudu Lounge
Cafe Blossom - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 12:31 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Ashlee, Evelyn, and Lola's Apartment
Cafe Blossom - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 3:58 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Summer's Lament [OPEN]
Cafe Blossom - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:47 pm by crm51

» Greenwich Hotel Info
Cafe Blossom - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:58 am by Tiger-Lily

» Brittany Hall Info
Cafe Blossom - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:52 am by Tiger-Lily

» Housing Registry 2011-2012
Cafe Blossom - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:24 am by Tiger-Lily

» Student Registry
Cafe Blossom - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:40 pm by Tiger-Lily

» Italy: Summer 2011
Cafe Blossom - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:04 am by Tiger-Lily

» Jake's House: Birthday Flames [Jake/Antonio/Ashton]
Cafe Blossom - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:18 am by Tiger-Lily

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 58 on Thu May 05, 2022 10:11 pm
Affiliates
RPG-D

Credits
Forum Skin: AnthoAsho
Header Image: Tiger-Lily (Admin)
Background/Other Images: Google Images

Cafe Blossom

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cafe Blossom - Page 2 Empty Re: Cafe Blossom

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon May 02, 2011 1:52 pm

"Schadenfreude," Evelyn said again, more impatiently.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

https://newyorkbeats.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 02, 2011 2:02 pm

"Why are you calling me a sausage?!" Jake asked Evelyn. "My foreign language concept does not cover German."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon May 02, 2011 2:12 pm

"It's not....agh, it's not a sneeze or a sausage!" she exploded finally, waving her hands in agitation. She nearly sent her coffee cup flying and hastily caught it before it could topple off the table. "It's a phrase that means, rejoicing in your enemy's misery. You should learn it, you have enough enemies."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 02, 2011 2:15 pm

"Oh, whatever." Jake shrugged. "LISTEN! We need to stop talking about sausage and get down to the issues." Jake flailed slightly, they were getting off topic again.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon May 02, 2011 2:43 pm

"You're talking about sau - ugh, never mind." Evelyn huffed and then sighed slowly. "As I was saying...do you really think we an be friends? Honestly. Tell me what you think."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 02, 2011 2:53 pm

Jacob sat back in his chair, tapping his fingers lightly on the wooden table. Did he think they could be friends? Could they ever get past the point where being around each other didn't hurt or just make him not want to kiss her every time he saw her.

Jake flicked his dark eyes up to Evelyn's green ones, hoping for some reason he'd find an answer in them. "I, I want us to be friends. I believe that maybe. Maybe we could be friends but so far all we've done is gone from two extremes either hating each other or... well you know. Its just I don't wanna lose you as a friend and the thing is I need to stop that one part of me that thinks that we could possibly be together. It just doesn't work, and we keep hurting each other. I believe we could be friends one day, but we need to learn to be around each other. I know I won't avoid you, but I know you and I know even though you don't mean to you just distance yourself from me."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon May 02, 2011 3:00 pm

Evelyn's head lowered somewhat at that. He was right, and she knew he'd see her hesitation to interact with him next year soon enough.

"I..." she paused, unsure what to say. She couldn't honestly promise him she'd hang out wiht him willingly - because the very part of her that missed what they'd had was the same one telling her to back the hell away to allow herself to move on.

Evelyn rested her elbows on the table, face in her hands and eyes closing against the stinging behind her lids. "I'm a coward, Jake. If the friendship thing and the relationship thing goes nowhere, it'll be because I was afraid."

Last edited by Tiger-Lily on Mon May 02, 2011 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 02, 2011 3:06 pm

"Why are you so afraid?" Jake asked, he didn't like seeing her cry. Especially since he felt like he had been the cause of it so many times.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon May 02, 2011 4:45 pm

"I just...am," she replied, voice somewhat muffled in her palms. "I - call it a bad childhood experience. I just tend to panic when I think I might be getting too close to anyone as more than, you know, a friend?"

She lowered her hands, not looking at him, but out the window as guilt gnawed at her. "It's why...on Seth's yacht, I...brushed you off the next morning. Because I didn't want to get attached so I thought, you know, since I didn't exactly manage to get it out of my system the way I'd planned to," her cheeks warmed at the implication behind her words, "I'd just take the other option and ignore you...hope it faded away."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 02, 2011 4:48 pm

"You know I'm not a drug. And I hate to say it but feelings you have for someone especially strong ones take awhile to fade away." Jake said, not meaning to sound harsh but he knew he did.

Jake sighed. "I mean did you think, that maybe us sleeping together on the yacht." Jake lowered his voice not that he was speaking loudly but still others really didn't need to overhear their conversation. "It could have complicated things you know? Especially since we do have feelings for each other. Some people they get attached when they have sex."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon May 02, 2011 4:55 pm

"I wasn't nearly drunk enough so it doesn't matter," she replied shortly, circling a finger on the rim of her coffee cup. Mainly to give herself something to do. "And I wasn't thinking it would backfire. I just...I figured after all the fighting we'd be doing for days, that was all we'd need to end things. A bad hookup can end many a relationship."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 02, 2011 4:57 pm

"Yeah but our relationship was never really normal to begin with, so I think it would have blown up in our faces." Jake retorted reaching over and pouring sugar into his coffee since he wasn't drinking it anymore. "But that was the past and I guess we need to focus on now, and sort of what will come next."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon May 02, 2011 5:04 pm

She nodded.After a long pause, during which she tried to think up some solution, she finally said, "You know what I just realized? I didn't...I mean, I think today's the first time I've made any kind of physical contact with you since the whole um, demon incident..." She didn't feel like elaborating. Her chest tightened simply at the memories but it was true. She usually always started when she saw Jake coming down a hallway or across the quad, and a prickle of fear always jabbed at hr heart. Sure, she wasn't entirely over it, but for once, it hadn't surfaced in her mind. "I mean...it's usually on my mind, but I didn't really feel it today."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 02, 2011 5:16 pm

Jacob put down the sugar looking up at Evelyn, it was something that still bothered him from time to time. The whole demon thing. "Really? I guess its a good thing, you know. I don't expect you to get over it like that. I know that will take time."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon May 02, 2011 5:19 pm

"But it's progress," she agreed slowly. "And it means...it means I actually can hang around you." She bit her lip. "If that means anything."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 02, 2011 5:20 pm

Jake nodded grabbing creamers, and ripping them open spilling it into his coffee. "So does this mean by next year you'll be able to say hi to me without running away?" He felt his lips twitch, not sure whether or not if was okay to laugh so he just stifled it for now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon May 02, 2011 5:28 pm

"No, I'll say hi and then beat you with a purse just for good measure," she retorted. "Apparently you have a thing for S&M, who knew?" She felt her lips quirk into a laugh. That whole thing was just...so ridiculous.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 02, 2011 7:40 pm

It was time for Jake to blush, he felt his cheeks heat up. "Listen! I don't get where they all got them from, I guess its cause we're always hitting each other. But trust me I'm not into S&M!"

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon May 02, 2011 8:02 pm

"Could've fooled me. You definitely ask for it enough," she replied, enjoying seeing him flustered for a change.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 02, 2011 8:07 pm

"Well I mean its funny to bother you cause you look like a flustered chicken." Jake snickered.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon May 02, 2011 8:09 pm

Evelyn pulled a face. "Yeah, well, you look real attractive with your purple jaw."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 02, 2011 8:17 pm

Jacob narrowed his eyes at her. "Ha ha, but listen we're getting off topic. We never really reach a conclusion, cause we're too busy blabbing all night."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon May 02, 2011 8:22 pm

"Shit!" Evleyn glanced out the iwndow and saw the sky getting dark, streaks of purply grey mixing in with the blue. "Dark it is..."

She shook her head. Nova would be fine on his own for a bit. Or not... "Ugh, you knwo what, I really hate to do this, but do you just want to talk back on campus. I left Nova alone way too long - he could be barking the place down. And um," she hesitated, finding it an effort to release her next words and her stomach twitched, "You can hang out with us if you have the time."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 02, 2011 8:30 pm

"Uh yeah sure, let's head back." Jacob said getting up, he took his wallet out leaving a ten on the table for their coffee's.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon May 02, 2011 8:53 pm

Evelyn, who had happened to glance down to ensure she still had her phone and keycard lanyard on her, paused and then followed Jake out the door. "Did you just drop a ten?" she asked in disbelief. "What's this, miser Jake being lavish?"

[[Evelyn and Jake to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]]
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: