New York Beats Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Vudu Lounge
Freshmen Dorms - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 12:31 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Ashlee, Evelyn, and Lola's Apartment
Freshmen Dorms - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 3:58 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Summer's Lament [OPEN]
Freshmen Dorms - Page 10 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:47 pm by crm51

» Greenwich Hotel Info
Freshmen Dorms - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:58 am by Tiger-Lily

» Brittany Hall Info
Freshmen Dorms - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:52 am by Tiger-Lily

» Housing Registry 2011-2012
Freshmen Dorms - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:24 am by Tiger-Lily

» Student Registry
Freshmen Dorms - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:40 pm by Tiger-Lily

» Italy: Summer 2011
Freshmen Dorms - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:04 am by Tiger-Lily

» Jake's House: Birthday Flames [Jake/Antonio/Ashton]
Freshmen Dorms - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:18 am by Tiger-Lily

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 58 on Thu May 05, 2022 10:11 pm
Affiliates
RPG-D

Credits
Forum Skin: AnthoAsho
Header Image: Tiger-Lily (Admin)
Background/Other Images: Google Images

Freshmen Dorms

2 posters

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Freshmen Dorms - Page 10 Empty Re: Freshmen Dorms

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun May 22, 2011 3:20 am

Evelyn sat down by the open suitcase where she was sorting a bunch of papers she'd found scattered around her room and in her closet. At Jake's words, she looked up, eyes narrowing.

She turned and threw a couple of stapled pages at him where he stood. "As per this divorce agreement, you're still paying for Nova," she said with a sweet smile, turning back to going through the piles of pages around her.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

https://newyorkbeats.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 22, 2011 3:22 am

Jake pulled a face at Evelyn and tossed the papers back at her. "Oh shut up and take a joke."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun May 22, 2011 3:24 am

Evelyn scoffed and shoved the pages back onto the suitcase. She sorted through a few more, not really focusing as she said, "You knwo what, I just realized I never got ot see Rockefeller! Can you believe I've been in New York for seven months already and I never even visited that!" She pulled a face. "Except to eat dinner once, which doesn't count."

Nova wandered in past Jake's legs and sat down at the Spaniard's feet, sniffing at a few stray sheets of Evelyn's school notes.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 22, 2011 3:29 am

"Its nice there. I like it more during Christmas time, but if you wanna go before you leave if you have time. I can take you." Jake suggested wondering if maybe that was crossing a line.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun May 22, 2011 3:33 am

Evelyn sat back on her heels, and then gave up and sat down on the ground and crossed her legs, sending Jake a swift glance as she swallowed. Friends hung out at Rockefeller, she reasoned. Nothing wrong with that.

She tugged at a strand of her hair, realizing it still smelled like saltwater despite her shower and kept her voice even to avoid any more awkwardness - they'd had enough at the beach. "Would the ice rink still be open, you think?"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 22, 2011 3:41 am

Jake shrugged looking down at Evelyn. "I don't know, I can check. But if it isn't I promise to take you there this winter." He said offering her a small smile.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun May 22, 2011 3:48 am

Evelyn hastily looked back down at her suitcase, continuing to toss papers into piles. She released a slow breath, composing herself. "I have a week left," she commented. "'Cause tomorrow I have to cart my stuff to some stupid hotel until my flight - oh and by the way, I hate hotel prices here," she chattered a little nervously. Stop talking. "I'm paying like two hundred a night! So I figure I should use my last week to tour New York because I really haven't been to all the places I wanted to see. Like Times Square. Or....well, anywhere. I wanted to check out Little Italy, SoHo and the rest. You are so lucky you live an hour away and happen to drive, it's easy for you to cart your stuff back and forth," she blabbed on without pausing, tossing a sheet into the trash pile. Nova jerked forward and caught it instead, tugging at it with his teeth.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 22, 2011 3:55 pm

Jake flicked his eyes at Evelyn and took a deep breath. "Hey listen I'm moving out of here in the morning so if you need help taking things back and forth I can offer my car or I can even go back to Brooklyn and get my dad's jeep. As far as touring New York, then if you want I'll take you around the next day or something." Jake figured he should be nice and offer.

Friends helped friends move. So since she didn't have a car it would be a whole lot easier.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun May 22, 2011 6:00 pm

Evelyn stopped her hands in some surprise. And for a second, she was regretting what she'd said. She really hadn't been thinking - a terrible side effect of anxiety where her mouth kept motoring before her brain censored anything.

Oh crap. What exactly do friends do and where is that limit? she wondered, somewhat more flustered after his offer to help.

Get a grip, ceez, he's just being nice. She shook her head and Nova bounded over to her, nudging his head against her shoulder. Evelyn ruffle his head to give herself an excuse to not look at Jake.

"That's uh, no, that's all right," she said hastily. "Honestly, your car would probably break down carrying all the crap I've bought in Manhattan since I came here," she said with a forced smile. "And considering I've already done enough damage, I don't think you wanna risk that."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 22, 2011 6:48 pm

"I'm sure my car can handle a few pair of designer boots." Jake snorted, scratching at his arm absently. "Just offering if you need a mover or a tour guide. I'm available." Jake said with a generous grin.

He didn't want to overstep some boundary though, he knew things were still kind of awkward but what else was he gonna do? Jake would have felt like a jerk if he hadn't offered to at least help.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun May 22, 2011 7:01 pm

"Oh, well, I..." Evelyn really wasn't sure what to say. She'd ordered a cab but since she and Carrie were sharing a hotel room, it'd be a real squeeze getting all their stuff. Evelyn looked up at Jake, studying his easy grin and somehow managed to make herself smirk. "Can you guarantee helping me without the sexual harassment?"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 22, 2011 7:03 pm

Jake let out an over exaggerated sigh. "I mean... that just sucks all the fun out of it. But I guess I can try."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun May 22, 2011 7:07 pm

Evelyn glared at him, tension broken. "well then you can try and tour Rockefeller on your own," she said smugly. "I'll get Seth or Tony to take me."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 22, 2011 7:08 pm

"Oh come on now! Don't get all drastic with me. If it makes you feel any better, I'll let you sexually harass me too." Jake said with a playful smirk.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun May 22, 2011 7:18 pm

This remark made Evelyn's cheeks burn so heatedly, she was momentarily rendered speechless. She opened her mouth to talk, closed it, shook her head and then groaned and threw a wadded-up piece of paper at Jake's stupid, smug face. "You wish," she retorted, trying to compose her blush into fading.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 22, 2011 7:35 pm

Jake just chuckled he sat down on the ground getting bored of standing around and grabbed some papers she had laying around and folded one into an airplane. He started making airplane sounds flying it around.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun May 22, 2011 7:53 pm

Evelyn grabbed a piece of paper from her trash pile, crushed it into a ball and tossed it dead-on at Jake's paper plane, smirking as it impacted and caused the plane to tip out of Jake's hand. She got up on her knees, grabbed the pile of trash pages and still on her knees, made her way around the Spaniard to the trash can. Nova yipped and caught Jake's plane in his teeth as it fell.

"Oh, you know i meat to ask you," Evelyn said, kneeling beside Jake to clear up the mess. "Does...does your mom still hate me?" she asked slowly, gnawing her lower lip as she tossed a crumpled piece of paper into the bin behind her.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 22, 2011 7:56 pm

Jake frowned at Nova as he watched the dog chew his airplane. He perked his head up at Evelyn's question. "Umm well since the whole thing happened we haven't really talked about it once. But, she doesn't hate you. She just thinks we were both irresponsible."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun May 22, 2011 8:03 pm

"Oh." Evelyn paused, realizing she wasn't really liking the trip down the Vegas memory lane. She swallowed. "That's an understatement," she joked feebly, looking away from him to shove a few files into her suitcase. She zipped it up and moved onto shoving make-up into a large bag. "You're seriously lucky my cousin Leon lives several States away," she added with a small grin. "He was raging over the phone, it was so loud, Nova ran away to hide."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 22, 2011 8:04 pm

"Unlike my cousin, Ramon actually wanted to meet you." Jake smiled up at Evelyn. "He asked since we were married and all if I was gonna bring you to Spain to meet the family."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun May 22, 2011 8:40 pm

Evelyn cringed at the mention of Spain. "Oh, about that...James had a good long row at me about, um, me getting into yoru car, because you're apparently crazier than Seth and I should know better than to get anywhere near you and..." She expelled a breath, looking down at Nova who was tugging on the zipper of a suitcase. Evelyn raked her hand through her hair and glanced up at Jake seated beside her. She bit her lower lip. "And from what Ashlee said, she's agreeing with him." She cleared her throat. "Luke wants to see Spain but, ummm..."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 22, 2011 9:15 pm

"James can rot in hell." Jake said curtly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun May 22, 2011 9:31 pm

Evelyn winced. She could see James' side of it and from what he knew, James' reaction wasn't exactly wrong. "He doesn't know though," she said somewhat defensively. She moved over to sit on top of a suitcase to zip it up, hair falling around her face as she leaned over to struggle with the zipper. "He only recalls you saying all that crap in the lounge, and then me macing you in the elevator and he can only assume it was because you tried something on me, which, of course, you did," she added, remembering the demonized Jake trying to maul her in the elevator. And then beating her head into the wall. Evelyn straightened up, giving up on the stuck zipper. "So you can't blame him."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 22, 2011 9:36 pm

Jake huffed of course he wouldn't remember doing that stuff he did to James or Evelyn. It still didn't change that he didn't like him. But whatever he could see why James hated him even more now. Jake reached over helping with Evelyn's zipper. "I guess its whatever.. I don't know."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun May 22, 2011 9:43 pm

Evelyn bounced a little on the suitcase to ease the zipper. She pushed her hair out of her face and heaved a sigh. "Well, you won't have to see each other from now on, and you'll probably never run into him again. So forget about it."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next