New York Beats Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Vudu Lounge
Serendipity 3 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 12:31 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Ashlee, Evelyn, and Lola's Apartment
Serendipity 3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 3:58 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Summer's Lament [OPEN]
Serendipity 3 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:47 pm by crm51

» Greenwich Hotel Info
Serendipity 3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:58 am by Tiger-Lily

» Brittany Hall Info
Serendipity 3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:52 am by Tiger-Lily

» Housing Registry 2011-2012
Serendipity 3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:24 am by Tiger-Lily

» Student Registry
Serendipity 3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:40 pm by Tiger-Lily

» Italy: Summer 2011
Serendipity 3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:04 am by Tiger-Lily

» Jake's House: Birthday Flames [Jake/Antonio/Ashton]
Serendipity 3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:18 am by Tiger-Lily

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 58 on Thu May 05, 2022 10:11 pm
Affiliates
RPG-D

Credits
Forum Skin: AnthoAsho
Header Image: Tiger-Lily (Admin)
Background/Other Images: Google Images

Serendipity 3

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Serendipity 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Serendipity 3

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:45 am

Ashton had ordered some kind of lamb dish. He begna cutting iinto it as Seth swallowed down a mouthful of fish and commented, "Ahem! Lez not get ahead of ourselves."

Evelyn looked up from her plate, spearing a potato on her fork and withdrawing her leg. She tucked her feet under her seat. "Come on, Seth, James gets bragging rights. It's his day today." She sent James a wink, adding, "Plus, he already has to share it with the cheesiest holiday in the world."

"Ew, that must suck," Seth mused.

"Considering he got more Valentine's Cards than birthday cards?" Luke snorted. "I'd say."

Ashton laughed. He could picture that, given Seth's own haul.

"Oh, Ev, speaking of, James and I loved that inspiring Valentine's Card," Luke said to her. Evelyn shot James a surprised look.

"Don't worry, Dorko," she chirped. "I gave you your Valentine inside your birthday card, so you can enjoy my lovely degradation of all that is Cupid at your leisure." She picked up her glass and took a swig of champagne, licking her lips slowly as she leaned forwards in her seat, sending Jake a glance.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

https://newyorkbeats.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:56 am

"Anything you give me, I'm sure I'll enjoy." James smirked at Evelyn, blue eyes twinkling at her.

Lola made gagging sounds, as she ate her french fries.

"Get a room." Antonio said mouthful of burger.

Ashlee had to agree when she flicked her eyes up at Evelyn. "Please save this for later I would like to eat my expensive cheeseburger without barfing."

Jacob tensed watching Evelyn from the corner of his eye, he couldn't really stand what she was doing or saying! She had leaned in a bit and he could smell her perfume again. Jake tried to ignore her but it was so hard. Now he wanted to pummel James on top of it, but he couldn't he wouldn't. Jacob rolled his sleeves up to avoid his shirt getting sauce on them, he resumed eating again. Although to be honest all this forced eating was probably just gonna make him throw up later.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:06 am

Evelyn blinked, startled more than she was letting on.

Wait a second - is James flirting with me?! She simply flashed him a playful smile but felt kind of confused inside.

I think that missile went off-target, she concluded, glancing over at Jake.

Ashton cleared his throat, somewhat confused. He wasn't sure what exactly was going on with James and Evelyn. It just seemed really cruel of her to be hitting on James when she was seated right next to Jake. "So, uh, James," he said, more to stop James checking her out (and thus getting beaten up by Jake). "You've been to all the touristy attraction places yet?"

Seth made a face. "Ew, those are so fucking boring. You noobs need to check out all the underground clubs here."

Evelyn was ignoring this whole discussion. She reached over and tapped Jake's wrist gently with two fingers, moving them slightly in a kind of brief caress before she drew her hand back slowly off his. "Is that not good?" she asked him quietly, while everyone else was focused elsewhere, lowering her lashes just slightly toward his plate and then looking up at him from under them.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:19 am

James pulled his eyes away from Evelyn for a moment. "Um I actually wanna check out some of the tourist spots, only cause I came here when I was a kid with my dad and I hardly remembered them, but the underground places sound cool also." James said glancing at Evelyn out from the corner of his eyes.

Despite Ashlee, wanting Evelyn to end up marrying James and what not. Any other given time she would have been thrilled for JEv flirting. But right now she could see what no one else could, that Evelyn was pulling out every trick in the book to get back at Jacob, and even though they had both said hurtful things to each other. She found it cruel that Evelyn was sitting there flirting with James right in front of Jake's face all while she practically sat in his lap, caressing him.

Jacob jolted and if it had been possible he had nearly stopped breathing. He blinked and exhaled looking at Evelyn, her green eyes almost trapped him before he averted his eyes to stare back at his plate. "No, its good." He managed to say after a long silence. It was true the food was really good, but eating was the last thing on his mind now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:30 am

"Duuuude," Seth said, banging on the table with an excited hand. Cutlery jolted. Ashton cursed.

"We should so go clubbing!" Seht grinned. "Iz mah birthday Saturday night, bitches!"

"I like how Seth's birthday is on a day people regularly go out partying," Ashton muttered to Lola.

Evelyn had rested her hand on the stem of her champagne glass, She tapped a long nail against the glass softly every now and then, not really hungry. Glancing up, she caught Ashlee looking up at her and flashed a simple smile before returning to her meal. Out of the corner of her eye, she was watching Jake grow more and more uncomfortable wiht every subtle advance she made.

She wasn't planning to blow it, though. Everyone assumed she was flirting with James? Fine. It'd be an excellent cover-up. Evelyn reached up with her right hand and twirled the longest strand of her curled hair. She was saving her last card but for now, she'd play it simple.

When Jake returned to eating, she rested her right arm on the table near him and accidentally on purpose, while leaning over to him just slightly, let go of the curl of hair. It spun and bounced of her shoulder, tickling Jake's left hand where it held his fork.

"Sorry," Evelyn mouthed to him, lifting her eyes to pin him with her stare. She straightened so her neckline readjusted, not really wanted to sink that low. But she left the curl resting against his wrist.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:47 am

"Of course." Lola said shaking her head, taking a sip of water.

"Whooooo partay on a Saturday night!" Antonio hollered.

James started laughing, as he set his fork down. "Yeah sounds like fun, we should go out and celebrate."

Evelyn's hair had tickled Jake's wrist. "Its no pro--" Jacob looked up at Evelyn and realized just how close she was, his eyes caught in her's. He couldn't pull his eyes from Evelyn's it was like he had been stuck there. Staring into her beautiful green eyes. Evelyn was so beautiful the way she had worn her dark make up so it set off her eyes, it was so hard to not just stare at her.

Ashlee had looked up and saw what Evelyn had been doing, and she had seen this a couple of times before when Evelyn was with James. "The Siren Eyes." This was dangerous territory being crossed here, Jake was getting caught in Evelyn's trap. Ashlee had done the one thing she could think of, she discreetly kicked Evelyn's leg under the table.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:55 am

Evelyn sucked in her breath and snapped her eyes away from Jake's, feeling like she needed to breathe and had held her breath the whole time. She exhaled heavily, sending Ashlee a relieved look.

She suddenly realized her cheeks felt warm. She hadn't exactly counted on trapping herself. But until Ashlee had kicked her, she'd kind of gotten stuck motionless looking into Jake's startled eyes.

She hastily reached for her champagne glass and took a swig of it to occupy herself, cheeks burning furiously.

"I'm not sure how you bring a cake into a club," Seth commented.

And then he looked over at Jake for the first time all evening. He blinked, momentarily confused as to why Jake was staring at Evelyn, and then shook his head and asked anyways, "Hey, Jake? You think they allow birthday cakes in places like Vudu?"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:59 am

Jacob finally tore his eyes away from Evelyn,hearing Seth talk he shook his head to clear his mind of the sort of haze he had just been in. "Uh yeah, I mean they should... if you call ahead or something. I've seen them do it for like events and crap." Jake muttered, turning his eyes away from Seth and looking down at his leftover pasta, and began poking at it with his fork. To avoid anymore eye contact with Evelyn.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:07 am

A waiter appeared by James, asking if everyone was done. Ashton nodded after looking around the table and the waiter began collecting plates.

"Ooooh, for dessert, can we try the frozen hot chocolate?" Seth demanded. "I had it once here and it was divine!"

"Is that the world's most expensive dessert or a cheaper version?" Evelyn asked curiously.

Seth shook his head, brushing his hair out of his eyes. "No, no, the cheaper version! Jeez, I refuse to pay twenty-five grand!"

The waiter came over to take their orders. Seth looked around a everyone and then poked James. "Yo, he's the birthday boy! Can we get a little something to celebrate his nineteenth?"

The waiter grinned. "We'll see what we can do," he said. "What dessert would you all like?"

"Frozen hot chocolate," Seth exclaimed, and Evelyn stifled a giggle.

"Um, this cheesecake," Ashton siad, pointing at his second menu. Luke chose the same after much consideration.

Evelyn looked down at her own menu that was being passed along. She chewed slowly on her lower lip. Dessert was a big thing with her. She didn't want it turning out horrible.

So she glanced up at Jake, gnawing on her now red bottom lip as she set her menu down by his hand and leaned over it to examine the listings. "What looks good here?"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:19 am

"Oooh can I have the chocolate black out cake." Lola said, remembering that from the menu earlier.

Ashlee and Antonio both ordered the apple pie.

Jacob didn't know what to say since his eyes were roaming, and they weren't exactly focusing on Evelyn's eyes like before, so he just put his finger down on the menu really pointing on anything and not reading it. "Um that." He said closing his menu and deciding that since he felt like he was gonna throw up dinner, that he opt out of dessert.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:29 am

Evelyn quirked an eyebrow down at the item Jake's finger landed on. Forbidden Broadway Sundae. She read the little blurb.

Lifting her head, she flashed him a slight smile, just one corner of her lips turned up. "Thanks." Jake looked flustered. She reached out and patted his hand before withdrawing.

Evelyn's smile widened slightly and she looked away, straightening and calling out, "Hey, James, have yourself a couple slices of Humble Pie."

"That exists," Luke said, laughing. "Not a couple slices, have the whole freaking pie."

"Hey, no need to be modest, James," Seth said smugly as the waiter walked away. "Guys like us have a license to flaunt."

Luke rolled his eyes. Seth turned to him.

"Bro, you're like the only guy here who never brags. How is that possible? I mean, let's say, for instance, your latest girl, whatserface, at the formal? She was smokin'," Seth said encouragingly. "How come you never acknowledge that shit. I've been noticing that about you and I never get how you and James are friends."

Luke shifted in his seat, not really meeting anyone's eyes. "Well, firstly, I don't brag because I'm not a manwhore. Second, James tried to eat my favorite crayons, is how we're friends."

Evelyn looked up and flashed James a smile. "Was that some kind of macho thing?"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:41 am

"Oh yeah I was the bad ass of Pre-K." James bragged.

"Hmm maybe James does need a couple of humble pies." Lola snickered.

Antonio decided to add his two cents in. "Given that Luke seems to be avoiding everyone's eye contact about said girl. We can concur that he indeed got laid."

Ashlee nearly choked on her drink in laughter. Not at the Lucas getting laid part, but by how intelligent Antonio just sounded.

James looked at Luke and widened his eyes at him. "You got laid before my birthday? That's probably the best present you've ever given me!" James sniffled being all over dramatic.

"My god, you're a real boy now! Lucas Farrell!" James announced.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:46 am

"I wasn't with Lauren," Luke protested.

"Who?" Ashton asked, just as a waiter placed his dessert in front of him.

"Formal date. I was with Aurora - as I told James," Luke clarified, glaring at the chipper birthday boy.

Evelyn wasn't paying attention to this at all. She was ensuing Ashlee was well distracted and everyone else was being served dessert.

Jake hadn't gotten anything, she noted, as a waiter placed a sundae stem bowl in front of her. Evelyn examined the bright red cheery with its long stem that sat at the top in a mound of cream and made a quick decision.

"Hey, Ash, come with me to the bathroom?" she asked. "I have steak sauce all over my hands."

"So, wait, you banged Lauren and Aurora?" Seth was asking, grinning. Luke opened his mouth and then groaned.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:51 am

"A threesome? On my birthday. Luke you're gonna make me cry. I feel like a proud father." James said to Seth.

Ashlee was gonna dig into her dessert and sighed when Evelyn asked her to go to the bathroom with her. "Okay let's go." Ashlee said standing up.

Jake, who had heard, was beyond relieved right now. That he would have a moment to breathe.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:55 am

Evelyn flashed Ashlee a sheepish smile. "Sorry."

As they got up and walked to the bathroom she added, "I'd ask Lola but I'm fairly sure she'd kill me and then bury my body in the tiles."

They reached the bathroom and she washed her hands. Evelyn dried them adn then tugged off the coat/cardi she had been wearing over her dress. She fluffed her hair in the mirror and then dug in her bag and pulled out a dark pink/light red lip colour that pumped lips up a bit, applying it quickly. "You want?" she asked Ashlee brightly.

Luke opened his mouth, and then grinned a little. "Okay, James, because it's yoru birthday, I will just go with that. I'm surprised you don't have one of your uh, female friends around tonight."

"Yeah, bro, tonight of all nights," Seth exclaimed.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:05 am

Ashlee finally saw Evelyn's dress in its red laced splendour and Evelyn was right. Lola probably would have killed her for going out there like that. If James and Jake had trouble controlling themselves before. By the end of tonight someone would be getting laid.

"No thanks." Ashlee declined.

"Hey the night is young." James simply stated.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:14 am

Evelyn turned around and flashed Ashlee a mischievous grin. "Lighten up, Ash. I know what I'm doing," she said calmly, and then slung her cardigan over her arm and strolled out of the bathroom.

On the way, though, she spotted their waiter carrying what looked like a mini cake, just enough for one person, with candle numbers 19 glowing atop it. Evelyn grinned, looking back at Ashlee.

"Excuse me, is that for James Darko's table?" she interrupted the guy. He looked down at her and nodded. Evelyn widened her eyes, nodded, and held out her hands. "I'm headed there. Can I give that to him, please? I'll tell him to pay his compliments to the chef."

He shrugged. Handing it over to her carefully.

Evelyn grinned at Ashlee. "Let's go wish James a happy birthday." Before Ashlee could say anything, Evelyn sauntered over to their table, walking out of James' view and rounding behind his chair.

Ashton looked up and his eyes widened. He wasn't looking at the cake in her hands, but at her. As was Seth. Evelyn looked down at the oblivious James and grinned.

She cleared her throat. "Dorko? Happy Birthday from the head chef."

Ashton bit his lip, cringing inside. Seth looked amused but somewhat uncertain. He shot Jake a glance, getting kind o confused as to what exactly was going on.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:34 pm

James had been looking down at the cake, and laughed when he heard Evelyn's comment. "Ha ha, very funny Ev--" James stopped mid sentence when he looked up at Evelyn, she had apparently taken off the coat she was wearing over her dress and now he could see her entire dress, or wherever it stopped. He was rendered speechless for a moment, unable to really say anything.

James finally shook his head, and smiled up at Evelyn. "Thanks."

Antonio's jaw had dropped as he stared over at Evelyn and James. Ashlee had just taken her seat shaking her head, she already told Evelyn whatever mess she made tonight she wasn't helping her out of.

Lola had narrowed her eyes at Evelyn, but then shot Jacob a look down at the other end of the table.

Jacob wasn't exactly sure what to think, he had been frozen for a moment as he stared at Evelyn in her red dress. But he wasn't sure just exactly what she was doing. For most of the night it seemed like she had been flirting, and teasing him. Along with flirting with James? So what was her strategy here? Sure he knew the dress she was was wearing on purpose. Seeing Evelyn be flirty with James was driving him insane, but he didn't want to react. He knew reacting would just mean Evelyn would win.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:45 pm

Seth exchanged amused glances with Ashton. Sure, he didn't think Evelyn flirting with James was cool, but hell, he didn't mind a good leggy view during dinner. And neither did Ashton nor Antonio.

Ashton shot his twin an amused look, stifling a grin. Hey, he felt bad for Jake, but he was still very much an adolescent male. He wasn't exactly going to sulk.

Evelyn set down James' cake and then flashed him a half-smile. "Make a wish, James." She moved back to her seat, slowing down just slightly behind Jake's seat.

Out of sight of anyone, she let her hand rest lightly on his shoulder blades, nails gently caressing as her fingers slid slowly from his right to his left shoulder as she walked past. She lowered her hand as she draped her cardi over her coat on the back of her seat and sat down, crossing her legs.

Luke pulled out his phone and noted that Ashlee had messaged him. He hadn't heard his phone buzz, but he replied to her now, kind of worried. Whats up w/Ev? She wouldn't flirt w/James!
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:55 pm

"I think we all know what James is wishing for." Antonio smirked.

Lola reached her hand over discreetly and smacked Antonio upside the head. Antonio frowned, rubbing his head he noticed Lola's hand withdrawing back to her side and grumbled under his breath.

James quirked an eyebrow at Antonio and just laughed. Although he wasn't too far off about what he did want to wish for.

Ashlee's phone vibrated in her hand and she wrote back to Luke. Jake and Ev got into a huge fight in front of library. He called her a worthless harlot and a siren who doesn't put out. She basically told him she never wanted him. Now they're not even talking or being friends. To get back Ev is going full Siren mood, hitting on James, and the whole night she's been flirting with Jake. Trying to make him uncomfortable.

Jacob took in a small breath, his heart was pounding in his ears as Evelyn's fingers trailed across his shoulders. Unsure of what to do or say he felt himself tensing up again. And then remembered he needed to breathe, so he exhaled his brown eyes watched as she sat down and crossed her legs, and then he turned his head away from her instead looking at some picture hanging behind James' head.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:03 pm

Seth, now just slightly buzzed, snickered. "Ooh, lez take a guess at what Jamesy wants." He took a bite of this dessert. "Or who."

Luke laughed slightly at this, and then looked down at his phone. He looked over and saw Ashlee texting furiously under hte table two seats down from his.

Evelyn started on her dessert, ignorant of whatever Antonio was implying because she was busy watching Jake fidget and attempt to relax.

She took a spoonful of her dessert, careful not to mess up her lip-plump gloss, and set her spoon back in the bowl. Tapping her fingers on the table, she glanced at Ashlee, saw her texting busily, and took this moment while everyone was looking at James, to lean over to Jake again.

She reached out and tapped his hand, her other hand picking up the cherry by its stem from her sundae. "Jake?"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:07 pm

"If I tell you guys it won't come true." James added slyly before closing his eyes, making his wish and blowing out the candles on his cake.

Jacob knew he was going to regret this, he shouldn't look over. He could smell her perfume. Jake flicked his eyes over at Evelyn, and he felt himself getting caught again and didn't like it. "Yeah?" He said wondering what she was going to do now? Even though he knew it probably was no good for him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:17 pm

"Must be serious then," Ashton commented.

"Or a dirty wish," Seth whooped, leaning over to fistbump James. Ashton laughed and Luke stifled a grin.

With Ashlee still texting away (must have been a long message), Evelyn looked up at Jake. "Are you sure you don't want dessert?" she asked him quietly, popping the cherry into her mouth and holding it by its stem, like a lollipop.

Then she bit into the cherry and dark red liquid spilled onto her lips. Evelyn licked her lips slowly, catching a drop of juice that quivered on the edge of her bottom lip, threatening to spill over. She pushed her bowl toward Jake, lips now a bloody red as she said, "I don't mind sharing."

Luke had finally received the message. He swallowed as he read it, and then shot Ashlee a glance down the table, biting his lip. Evelyn was flirting with Jake?

She's flirting with Jake? I didn't catch that! he replied.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:29 pm

Ashlee had looked up for a moment to see Evelyn leaning over Jake, her lips a bright bloody red probably from eating the cherry of her sundae. And sent back to Luke. If you look down the table right now she's doing it right now. And yeah you haven't noticed because she's been really subtle.

James winked fist bumping Seth back, as he took a bite from his cake.

All the warning signals and red flags were going off in Jake, he knew this was bad. He bit his lip when he stared at her, he wanted nothing more than to kiss her... well even more than that. Jacob felt himself being drawn to her like a moth to a flame, instead of a flame it was his former leggy girlfriend.

"I..." He couldn't find the words to say right now he kept drawing blanks he was too distracted by her. Jacob shook his head. "No I'm fine..."He finally managed to say tearing his eyes away from Evelyn.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:48 pm

Luke glanced up, curious.

But by then, Evelyn had sat back, licked her lips clean and was back ot spooning her sundae into her mouth.

Luke quirked an eyebrow and replied, Did I miss it? Don't see anything.

Evelyn nudged Ashlee's leg under the table. "Who've you been texting so crazily for the last twenty minutes?" she asked curiously.

"Ashton," Seth said promptly with a wink.

Evelyn froze, and Ashton's head shot up from his cheesecake. He had his cell phone beside his plate and it vibrated suddenly. He looked bewildered and grabbed it, shoving it in his pocket.

Evelyn looked over at him and then at Ashlee and Seth, who was now eating his dessert again, clueless. Okay, majorly awkward.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum