New York Beats Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Vudu Lounge
Freshmen Dorms - Page 31 EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 12:31 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Ashlee, Evelyn, and Lola's Apartment
Freshmen Dorms - Page 31 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 3:58 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Summer's Lament [OPEN]
Freshmen Dorms - Page 31 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:47 pm by crm51

» Greenwich Hotel Info
Freshmen Dorms - Page 31 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:58 am by Tiger-Lily

» Brittany Hall Info
Freshmen Dorms - Page 31 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:52 am by Tiger-Lily

» Housing Registry 2011-2012
Freshmen Dorms - Page 31 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:24 am by Tiger-Lily

» Student Registry
Freshmen Dorms - Page 31 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:40 pm by Tiger-Lily

» Italy: Summer 2011
Freshmen Dorms - Page 31 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:04 am by Tiger-Lily

» Jake's House: Birthday Flames [Jake/Antonio/Ashton]
Freshmen Dorms - Page 31 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:18 am by Tiger-Lily

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 58 on Thu May 05, 2022 10:11 pm
Affiliates
RPG-D

Credits
Forum Skin: AnthoAsho
Header Image: Tiger-Lily (Admin)
Background/Other Images: Google Images

Freshmen Dorms

3 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Freshmen Dorms - Page 31 Empty Re: Freshmen Dorms

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:04 am

Evelyn was now staring at Jake, eyes wide. Seth considered making a bet with Jake on how long it'd take before she either punched the Spaniard or burst into tears.

Evelyn, meanwhile, was trying to refrain from bashing Jake's head into the wall behind him. So what, he was now trying to set her up with Antonio? This further confirmed what she already knew - he hadn't "accidentally" cheated on her at all.

No wonder he wasn't sorry.

Evelyn's eyes filled with tears and she turned around, blinking them back, and strode down the hall toward her suite. She stopped in front of the door, opened her clutch and fumbled in it clumsily through her watery vision, still blinking hard. Another date bites the dust. Way to freaking go.

Seth sniggered at Jake. "Lint? I thought it was like, comics....cartoons....no, fuck, what was it, Tigger?" he slurred up at Antonio.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

https://newyorkbeats.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:12 am

Antonio groaned, so much for that even working out. He looked down at Seth with tired eyes, "Dude go to bed before you hurt yourself." And with that he went to his suite.

Jacob saw how defeated Antonio looked and was offended, it was one thing for Jake to annoy him, but no way was he gonna let Evelyn be mad at him.

Jacob got up and put himself between Evelyn and her door,"Listen here Red, its one thing to be mad at me. But Tony is a nice kid! He wanted help to take you out on a date and I gave him a sugggestion! Also, I may have cheated, but I'm sure you're happy cause you got your chance with him! But don't you upset him. He's a good bro." Jake babbled a bit unaware that Evelyn was ready to cry.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:17 am

Seth felt really ill now. He got to his feet and wobbled after Antonio, heading straight to the bathroom to throw up (hopefully).

Ashton, meanwhile, was already fast asleep.

Evelyn glanced up and stiffened in horror when she saw Jake right in her face. She jerked back away from his extreme invasion of personal boundaries (remembering how touchy-feely he got when drunk). She could hardly believe the shit he was blurting out right now. Did he have no heart left?!

She was so freaking fed up! She'd fought to keep him out of her head all day so her date wouldn't be ruined. He had no idea how badly she was still hurting over what he'd done - and he didn't even care! Hell, even James hadn't completely ruined the night! But Jake, of course, just had to. Why couldn't he just go leap off a building and die somewhere?

Her anger and resentment came back full force, blinding her to anything else. Her only response was the good old girly response: she swung back her hand and slapped him hard, leaving a hand print on his face. "Get out of my way," she snapped, reaching up to wipe at her eyes carefully.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:24 am

Jake's cheek stung from where her hand had made contact with it. He rubbed his cheek and glared down at her, "Oh yeah cause I love seeing you go out with one of my best friends! News flash! I'm only being a dick to get over you! I feel like crap for what I did! I even tried to sabotage your date before it happened! Don't think you're the only one whose hurting cause trust me its driving me insane! Plus hearing you cry that night, I nearly pushed myself off that damned ledge! I feel like shit! I'm sorry! Sorry, sorry!" Jake blurted, then quickly realized what he had done.

His brown eyes widening, because he could feel his buzz wearing off but he wasn't expecting to have done what he just did.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:31 am

Evelyn simply stared at him for a moment. Was he for real?! He was drunk and drunks often blurted out things they didn't want to say sober.

There was a pause while she tried to absorb this. She suddenly felt embarrassed. She hadn't wanted anyone to hear her cry! Definitely not him. She didn't want his freaking pity! And his damned apology was way too late. And he wasn't even sober!

And now he was sabotaging her date? Classy. Evelyn lowered her hand, fingers wet with eyeliner and tears, and simply repeated herself in a whisper this time, like Jake hadn't said anything at all. "Get out of my way." She looked over his shoulder, not wanting to meet his eyes.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:40 am

"No Ev." He said firmly. Jake had sobered for the most part.

"I'm sorry, please I feel, I feel like shit. This isn't me just being drunk. I'm telling you the truth. I feel horrible, and I what I've done or said is no excuse. But, I don't wanna lose you. I made a huge mistake. Please." He pleaded to her.

"Say something besides just trying to get rid of me." Jake lowered his voice, "I think I love you."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:50 am

Evelyn's clutch slipped from her slackened grip. For a moment, she had the funniest lightheaded sensation, almost like she was going to faint. She'd never fainted in her life!

But she quickly regained her senses. "Jake?" she said slowly, reaching out a hand and trying to touch as little of him as she could and still push him away from her door. "I think you need to go lie down. You're REALLY drunk right now. We'll argue later."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:56 am

"No I'm not drunk." Jake said quietly grabbing her hand.

"Okay maybe I'm still a little drunk and love is a little extreme. But I still like you, I like you a lot." Jake realized that maybe love was too much and it wasn't something to throw around.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:13 am

Evelyn opened her mouth and then couldn't think of anything to say. She hated that even after all of the (very) recent crap that had gone down, her heartbeat had still quickened when he'd caught her hand.

She tugged her hand back quickly and clasped it with the other, swallowing down a painful lump again. She blinked away the last of the tears and cleared her clogged throat before finally looking up at him.

"I....you know what, it doesn't matter what you feel or I feel," she said. "I can't trust you, and as long as I can't, we're nothing...And you've already lost me, Jacob. I don't appreciate being called a whore. I don't care why you said it. I don't want to talk to you. I'm tired."

She stepped around him, shoving her key into the keyhole, swiftly unlocked the door and breezed inside, slamming it behind her and hitting the lock all in one swift move. She leaned back against it, exhaling and then inhaling slowly for a moment.

She straightened up and walked down the hall to her dorm room. She pushed it open (having left Nova to Alexis' care, she'd ensured he could access his bed), dumped her keys on her dresser and tugged off her leather jacket. The damn room was again stifling and Evelyn sat down wearily on her bed, massaging her face with her hands in exhaustion.

There was a tiny yip and Nova stirred in his basket. She glanced over at him and a small smile tugged at the corners of her mouth. At least one living thing that wouldn't make her look like an idiot. Evelyn ran her fingers through her curls and lay back on her bed, still in her fancy dress (now no doubt crinkled from her voyage up the damn stairs) and boots. She felt her eyes flutter shut as a wave of exhausttion overtook her.

[[I LOVE that What Hurts the Most (RF version) came on when I was typing this. xD]]
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:08 am

Jacob sighed running a hand through his hair, he figured there really wasn't much else that he could possibly do. As much as he wanted to stand there and fight for her she really wasn't going to let him in.

He figured he should call it a night and try again tomorrow with something, anything. As he turned to leave he stumbled over something and caught on the wall to keep from falling onto his face.

Jacob's dark eyes found his obstruction and it was a purse, no doubt Evely-- then it hit him. Jacob quickly grabbed the purse and realized that she would need it back, no doubt it held things in there like her wallet, her phone. Stuff she needed and if she wasn't going to let him in through the door, he was going to come in the way that she hated, and given his current state of mind he knew she wouldn't exactly leave him out there to fall to his death.

Or maybe she would, she does really hate him.

Jacob took the purse and walked quickly back to his suite, opening the door he closed it and locked it behind him and then went in his room and made sure his door locked as well. He quickly grabbed his leather jacket since he had worn that out recently and it was on his chair, and held Evelyn's purse close to him he opened his window and climbed out onto the ledge, a little too fast and lost his footing.

It was so damn cold, that there had been some frost forming out there he nearly fell. Jake cursed, taking a deep breath he let it out, watching it turn into fog, he shivered slightly making his way there.

Boy was it cold, he slowly edged himself along the edge but tried to move quickly before she went to bed, as he came to her window he noticed that the window was actually a crack open, letting in air. She had always complained how warm it was in the building, so without waiting for her permission he opened the window to allow himself enough room to climb in, and returned it to its cracked position.

"Delivery, Roja." Jake announced.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:15 am

Evelyn's response was a loud scream and she sat up, hands clamped over her mouth in horror as she turned. Her eyes widened when she realized it wasn't some creepy rapist lurking in the shadows.

It was way worse.

She lowered her hands a little. Her eyes narrowed and she hissed a venomous, "Get out or I will scream even louder."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:19 am

Jake paled when he heard her scream and he threw his hands up in the air, "Whoa settle down, I'm not gonna do anything but you forgot something in the hallway." Jake opened up his jacket and pulled out her purse.

"Figured you might need this, you weren't going to let me in so I had to take my own measures. By the way were you aware how cold it was out there? The damn edge is frosty I nearly fell." He added nonchalantly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:23 am

Evelyn silently got to her feet and walked over to him, snagging her purse and turning. She tossed it on top of her dresser and then pivoted to face him again, crossing her arms as she gave him an unsmiling look. "Goodnight, Jacob."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:46 am

"Oooh full name, I'm in trouble huh? I guess the whole risking my neck thing isn't appealing anymore. Scaling the side of the building, still kind of drunk. Although lets cut the crap huh? I wanna gain your trust back. I feel like a major asshole, and you're right calling you a whore was out of line for me. I just don't handle the whole emotions thing well." Jacob dropped his humorous tone for a more serious one when he realized that Evelyn was ready to probably push him right off that ledge.

"Listen Evelyn,I know you hate me. I know you don't trust me. I know what I've done these last few days its just terrible and it was wrong but you know what? I don't want to be that to you. And you know what? I don't care if you don't want me near you. Because I'm willing to do anything, to get your trust back." Jake said firmly, he grabbed her hand and laced his fingers with her's his heartbeat quickening at its touch, his brown eyes meeting the pretty green eyes, glaring back coldly at his.

He pushed back a loose bronze curl away from her face and took a deep breath, his voice soft as he began to sing to her.

"Young and full of running
tell me where is that taking me
just a great figure eight
or a tiny infinite

love is really nothing
but a dream that keeps waking me
for all of my trying
we still end up dying
how can it be?

don't say a word
just come over and lie here with me
cause I'm just about to set fire to everything I see

I want you so bad I'll go back on the things I believe
there I just said it
I'm scared you'll forget about me

so young and full of running
all the way to the edge of desire
steady my breathing
silently screaming
I have to have you now

wired and I'm tired
think I'll sleep in my clothes on the floor
baby this mattress will spin on its axis
and find me on yours

don't say a word

there I just said it

don't say a word

there I just said it

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:58 am

She simply stared at him for a second, strangely unabel to feel anything except...

She was so fed up. Of him, of James, of the whole player species of male in general. Alexis was right - she should have stayed away and God damn it, she was going to. Evelyn tugged her hand back and turned away, stalking over to her door; she yanked it open and paused there, throwing Jake a tired glance. "Am I being clear enough for you?" she asked quietly, holding the door open and leaning her head against it.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:39 am

Jake felt a sharp pain in his chest, he couldn't really explain why he felt so low right now. But he did, he felt lower than he ever had but he even felt like a fool. Thinking he could just come back and win her back like that. What was he thinking?

Nothing. He wasn't thinking of anything, because if he was then he would have listened when everyone told him it was a bad idea to fall for her. He would have ran the other way and not thought twice about it. Jake would have never let his heart get in the way of his mind and that's exactly what he had let her done in the short amount of time he knew her.

Jake looked up at her, his expression unreadable, "Made yourself loud and clear. No need to inconvenience yourself though. I'll show myself out." He said defeated and went back out the window.

Climbing back out on the ledge though, there had been frost accumulating because of the cold and he misjudged his steps slipping on the icy surface he swayed backwards feeling the ledge slip away from beneath his feet and he quickly threw out his arms, grabbing onto the edge. This would happen to him, only Jacob would manage to dangle off the side of a building more than once in a thirty day period.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:52 am

"Oh my God!" Evelyn dove to the window and leaned out, horror-struck. So she'd been fantasizing about pushing him off the ledge herself but she hadn't meant it!

For a second she really thought the idiot had fallen, but he was still there, hanging on. Evelyn gritted her teeth and snapped, "You're an idiot! Hold on, I'll get some rope!"

She scurried across her room, panic building in her chest. What a freaking dumbass! Were dramatic exits really that important?! Couldn't he have just gone out the front door?!

Of course not. That was to unexciting for Jake NumbSkull Salazar. Evelyn fumed as she tore through ehr closet and found the rope she'd gotten during Jake's initial dive off the ledge a few weeks ago. She ran back to the window, paused and looped the rope around ehr waist. She tied it in a double knot and then threw its end down to the stupid Spaniard.

"Grab that, moron!" she informed him, sitting down on the floor and bracing her back against the wall under the window so Jake climbing up wouldn't just pull her out the window instead.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:01 am

Jake saw the rope dangling besides him and he looked up at the open window where he could hear her shrill voice coming out of, and he just glanced at the rope, his hands going numb from holding on to the frozen ledge which he was sure they were probably becoming apart of the concrete.

Jake pried one of his frozen hands off the ledge and wrapped his hand in the rope, then unwrapped it. "Hmm... I guess this is nice, I could grab on and just climb back in or..." He tugged on the rope pretty hard and released it dropping his one arm to his side and using the other to support his frame from plummeting five stories.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:05 am

"Oww!" Evelyn yelped and then clamped her hand over her mouth. She was positive her waist had rope burns in it. How much did that prick weigh?

Then all of a sudden, the pressure eased. Evelyn froze up for a confused second. Wha tthe hell?

She scrambled to her feet, figuring Jake had probably climbed back onto the ledge already. She poked her head out the window, rubbing her sides with one hand. God damn it, that had hurt!

Jake was still hanging out there.

"Are you insane?" Evelyn said irritably, still worried he'd lose grip and possibly plummet to his death any time soon (although a good knock to the head wouldn't hurt him). "No, don't answer that! What're you trying to do, die?"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:08 am

"Maybe, but you had to admit you always knew I was always a little crazy." Jake smirked wickedly up at her, "Besides I've gotten over my fear of death a long time ago."

Jake slipped his right arm off quickly from the ledge and then threw his left arm onto the ledge. For a brief moment he nearly fell but he just looked up at her, "Had to switch arms, my right one was getting tired."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:10 am

Evelyn's eyes widened and she swallowed. The image of squished Jake all over the pavement was extremely unattractive. "Quit showing off, jerk. You're not invincible!"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:17 am

"Showing off? I know I have skills. See?" Jake added with cockiness lacing his voice he bent his knees and ran himself up the ledge doing a mini back flip, now he was facing the other way but he looked up seeing Evelyn.

"I like to believe I'm invincible. Its apart of my jackass mentality,its why you'll die when you're thirty five and I'll live to be a hundred and six years old." Jake added smugly, then flipped himself back around, so he was staring directly up at her, but not before switching out his arms again.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:25 am

She stared down at him, more horror-struck than anything else.

A big part of Evelyn was encouraging her to shut and lock her window. Her rope burns freaking hurt! And Jake was toying with her, clearly.

But he could still fall. Unlike him, Evelyn liked to keep her head out of the clouds. She closed her eyes momentarily and exhaled. What should she do, stay or ignore his smug butt?

She couldn't leave him hanging out there! He might be a jerk but she liked to think she was a decent person.

Time to change strategy. God, she hated this.

She toned her voice down to a pleasant tenor (against her will because she was aching to hit him over the head. Maybe when he was back on solid ground). She leaned her head down so he'd hear her over the traffic below, and injected a note of pleading into her voice as she said, "Jake, stop! Please? This isn't funny."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:51 am

Jake stared up at her, he could hear her pleading in her voice. Jake registered this she sounded concerned, but she could have easily been pretending just to get him up there. He could have ended this easily but he decided he'd have a little more fun before going up for the night. Normally he would have frozen to death by now, but he was feeling fine actually. Probably because numbness had kicked in.

"You know when I was younger my favorite thing at the park was always the monkey bars." Jake told her, as he place one hand behind the other, and releasing his other hand from the rope so he wouldn't drag her out with him.

"I guess its cause when I was younger even now, most people heights freak them out. I've been on a plane more times than I can count and I still encounter the people who have those panic attacks having to fly, me. I liked the feeling, the feeling of dangling or being up in the sky really high up." Jake said swinging one hand behind the other almost like he was going on the monkey bars backwards, but then he changed his pace and swung forward.

"I've always really liked the feeling you get right before you fall." Jake said letting his fingers slip briefly only to quickly grab back onto the ledge, his heart racing and adrenaline pumping through his veins.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:57 am

Evelyn glanced down at the ground below and felt a wave of nausea rush up her. She fought it back and swallowed quickly. Okay, so Jake was having fun at her expense. And it was working!

She'd have loved to be a bitch right now and simply slam her window shut. Jake's words were making that familiar fear of heights rear up and she felt dizzy.

"You - you're....you're such an asshole!" she snapped finally, her voice coming out in a slightly terrified squeak. She drew back from the window and braced her hands on the sill to balance her suddenly swaying head. Her heartbeat picked up pace to outrun a horse at the rate it was going and her palms grew clammy. This isn't funny. At all!

Evelyn gnawed her lower lip and simply said, "Are you coming up or what?" She leaned out the window a little, averting her eyes from the street below, and began tugging the rope back up.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next