New York Beats Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Vudu Lounge
James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas] - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 12:31 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Ashlee, Evelyn, and Lola's Apartment
James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas] - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 3:58 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Summer's Lament [OPEN]
James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas] - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:47 pm by crm51

» Greenwich Hotel Info
James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:58 am by Tiger-Lily

» Brittany Hall Info
James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:52 am by Tiger-Lily

» Housing Registry 2011-2012
James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas] - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:24 am by Tiger-Lily

» Student Registry
James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas] - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:40 pm by Tiger-Lily

» Italy: Summer 2011
James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:04 am by Tiger-Lily

» Jake's House: Birthday Flames [Jake/Antonio/Ashton]
James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:18 am by Tiger-Lily

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 58 on Thu May 05, 2022 10:11 pm
Affiliates
RPG-D

Credits
Forum Skin: AnthoAsho
Header Image: Tiger-Lily (Admin)
Background/Other Images: Google Images

James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas]

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas] - Page 2 Empty Re: James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas]

Post  Tiger-Lily Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:45 am

Luke flipped one of the eggs and then shifted the pan to catch it - right as the wall beside him shook with several loud thumps. He stared at it, wide-eyed, and almost dropped the egg. "What the hell?"

The thumps came again. THen came some female screeching.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

https://newyorkbeats.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas] - Page 2 Empty Re: James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas]

Post  Guest Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:57 am

A chill ran down James' spine at the girls scream through the wall his eyes wide. He wasn't awake before, but he sure as hell was now.

"Either those people are real wreckless lovers, or we may have heard someone die and if that's the case should we go over there?" James asked quickly walking to their door and opening it a crack.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:01 am

Luke blinked cluelessly, the eggs throwing smoke clouds around hhim as they burned. "I...don't know." He lifted a hand and thumped the wall cautiously. The thumps stopped.

He raised an eyebrow. "Dare we go over there?"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:36 am

"What if there's a monster?" James said in a hushed tone.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:38 am

Luke shrugged and grabbed another frying pan, passing it to James as he took a spatula for himself. "That scream was creepy. I say we go over there..."

He pushed past James out into the hallway and stood in front of the door of the apartment next door. "Knock or what?"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:28 pm

James held on to the frying pan, taking a deep breath he knocked on the door, "Hello, is everything alright in there?" He asked eying the door cautiously.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:01 pm

There was no answer. Luke frowned, glancing at James and knocked too. Still nobody answered. Luke's eyes widened. "Maybe they're hiding the body?" he whispered. "I think we should call 911."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:50 pm

"We don't know if that's the reason, it could be something else." James lied to himself hoping that was the last thing they would find.

He knocked on the door again, and he turned the knob discovering it was unlocked he let it open and called out from the doorway, "Is everything okay? We heard someone screaming from next door."

James motioned Luke to follow him into the apartment.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:55 pm

Luke followed after James. Just inside the door was a ratty couch half-blocking their way. THe boys stepped around it.

"This is a bad idea," Luke said as they entered hte main living area. He stopped, a perplexed look on his face. "What...?"

The living room walls were a bright orange and yellow striped wallpaper. Luke didn't think they could even get wallpaper that shade. "Are those unicorns on the orange?" he asked James, baffled.

"Maybe it's a veteran clown?" he hissed at James out of the corner of his mouth.

And then they heard soft singing, issuing from a room down the hall. A feminine voice, but Luke couldn't begin to guess her age.

"I am walking through the circus,
Happy as can be.
I am walking through the circus,
Just to see what I can see.
I can see the clown laughing.
I can see the elephant, too.
I can see the lion sleeping.
Look out! ‘Cause he sees you.
"

Luke opened and closed his mouth, speechless. He glanced at James for some direction.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:05 pm

James concurred one thing, they were either going to get raped by gay men, or there was evil clown murderers in this apartment building.

But judging by the feminine voice he heard singing, they were getting raped.

James went up to the closed door and knocked on the door where he heard the voice coming from, he gulped feeling his throat go dry, "Hey is um everything alright, my friend and I live next door and we heard someone scream."

Guessing that the person behind the door could not hear them because they were too busy singing, James was going to knock on the door, when he heard something shuffle in the living room area, James walked over there still clutching the frying pan, he peered around the corner with Luke behind him, he could have sworn he heard something running out here.

He was going to step into the living room when he looked down and his blue eyes nearly rolled out of his head, "Dude who keeps a skunk in their apartment!?" James exclaimed, he said backing up into Luke.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:08 pm

Luke eyed the animal snuffling aorund the back of the couch and then turn to them.

"Let's just hope it's spray-friendly," Luke murmured.

The skunk turned around, back to them. Luke felt his jaw drop.

"Run!" He shoved James ahead of him - and stumbled over the coffeetable, grabbing the back of James' shirt and bringing them both down.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:12 pm

James choked falling back on top of Luke, and behind the over turned table,"Who the hell keeps a skunk in their apartment! City people are insane!" James shouted rolling off Luke and standing up holding his frying pan like a baseball bat, keeping an eye out for the skunk now.

The skunk darted out from behind the couch staring James dead in the eye, not moving, his beady black eyes focused on James' blue ones, James nudged Luke slightly saying quietly, "Don't move, that thing sprays us and we don't have dates for a year."

The skunk kept its eyes on James and Luke as James stood unmoving.

"Go away skunk, you wouldn't like us, we're not French cats." James said thinking back to the cartoons he saw with Pepe Le Pew.

The skunk just stared at them

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:53 pm

"Really, James?" Luke commented, slowly sliding back across the floor to the door that the voice had issued from. "French cats?"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:01 pm

"Shut up Luke, you've seen the cartoons that stupid skunk is always hitting on that cat, in France cause it thinks its a skunk!" James said slowly backing up behind as well.

"Nice skunk, good skunk. Just stay there skunk..." James talked to it hoping not to startle it.

Just as James was about to escape, the door opened to where the voice was coming from earlier, and he saw a burly looking man about twice the size of him or Luke, his eyes narrowed, enraged, he yelled at Luke who was on the floor and James, "Who the hell are you, and what the hell are you doing in my place?!"

The man roared,he appeared like he didn't belong in the city more like the jungle.

Although James shouldn't have provoked the man his temper got the best of him, "Who the fuck keeps a skunk in their apartment! And what are you doing murdering squirrels in here?!"

The man growled reaching into his room and pulling out what looked like a hunting gun, "GET OUT OF HERE NOW!"

James' eyes widened, and the skunk scurried past them, and out of the apartment, and James shook Luke on the shoulder, "Lucas.. lets leave this kind man to get ready."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:06 pm

Luke, in another time, might have found this scenario hilarious, but right then, that big guy's beefy arms scared the crap out of him. He hopped ot his feet, hands in the air and smiled reassuringly, golden-brown eyes widening pleadingly as if to say innocent bystanders here!

The man didn't seem impressed. If anything, he cocked the gun lower and Luke swallowed, stepping backward slowly and into the hallway - and then tripping backward over the skunk, which had been nestling right outside the door.The animal shot up and darted free of his legs. Luke's head hit the hallway floor with a loud thunk and he groaned as the skunk lifted its tail.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:12 pm

James ran out into the hallway before the guy could shoot at them, and probably rid of him like he did the screeching person that was in his apartment, the last thing he wanted was for him or Luke to get shot.

He bolted out into the hallway and he saw Luke laying on the ground groaning, and the stupid skunk getting ready to attack.

James took a deep breath, and realized that he had to take one for the team, he ran to Luke and lifted him up onto his feet, and shoving him through their apartment door.

The skunks foul odor filled his nose as he released it, and James shouted, "Get out of here!" While coughing, and nearly choking shoved them through their door, and locking the door. He coughed, and he could smell the stench on him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:19 pm

Luke coughed and gagged on the rotting sench of soiled eggs and rank curry that rolled under the door and off James.

Luke got to his feet, head pounding from its impact with the floor. "Aw, crap, James, you shouldn't have done that," he groaned, looking over James and crinkling his nose. "I have no idea how to get rid of skunk stink." Guilt and relief rose in him and he smiled miserably. "Man, I'd hug you right now but, um, you reek."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:28 pm

James sighed frustrated throwing his hands in the air, "No problem dude." He peered down at his watch, realizing it was half past eight that he was already late for class and found no sense in going.

James gave a small smile, "Well looks like I missed my first day of class, and umm, I hope you're lying about not knowing how to get rid of skunk, cause I don't know what I'd do with myself."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:52 pm

Luke glanced at James' vibrating Blackberry and picked it up absently, glancing at it before his eyes widened in horror. "Mind if I log in on my Facebook for a sec? Kind of a dire emergency."

Without waiting for an answer, he logged out of James' FB and into his own, trying to avert the crisis that was about to occur in James' status comments.

He placed the phone back and smirked at James. "You still have Ev on your FB?"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:02 pm

James tensed a bit, biting his lip he said, "Uh yeah, you know we added each other back home I guess and yeah we don't really talk and what not but I kind of harass her a bit on your statuses you know." James gave a small laugh.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:38 pm

Luke glanced donw at his FB. "Well, I recall something about grape juice getting rid of skunks. Might work. Wanna try it? I can run out and buy some." He glanced at his own phone. "Lex says it sounds right."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:55 pm

James glared down at his own phone almost tempted to chuck it at the wall, but he knew it was really expensive and wasn't in the mood to pay to replace it, "God damn Ev, she's annoying me." He said thinking aloud, he looked at Luke and responded a bit distracted, "Um yeah... can you? I'd really appreciate it, oh and um... take my phone with you. If I hear it vibrate one more time I'll go find Ev and smack her myself." He said handing his phone to Luke.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:57 pm

"You'd need a plane ticket and i hear they won't come cheap at this time." Luke took the phone anyway and pocketed it thankfully. He grabbed his wallet and circled around James and out the door to the store. "Be back soon. Don't touch anything."

[[Luke to 7-11]]

[[btw, Mira, now is an excellent time to have James give a monologue of his thoughts/feelings. XD God knows poor kid needs to vent.]]
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:16 am

[[Was about to do just that. Thanks for the reminder there Trippeth XD]]

"First thing I'm gonna do is roll around in your bed!" James shouted as he heard the door slam, he was sure that Luke probably missed what he said.

James sighed, going towards the window and sat on the floor near it looking outside and watching people pass by, either going to work or school or whatever the case may be for them.

Aside from the traffic outside, and the no longer screaming person next door it was pretty quiet in the apartment by himself, especially since he made Luke take his phone from him, since he of course managed to get himself into another argument with Evelyn.

James kept thinking how much longer did it have to be that they fought like this? How come last night when he was surrounded by girls like he was in the old days, all his thoughts kept going back to Evelyn, especially after he thought he saw her, but, he knew she wasn't there.

He knew that they were states away from each other, he knew that he was never going to see her again aside from her Facebook updates but other than that? Why did he worry? Why did he have that nagging anxious feeling that he was just going to run into her, and that maybe he should just delete her and save himself all this grief and anxiety he just gives himself.

James brought his knees into himself and leaned his head against the wall, taking a breath he could still the skunk on him, but right now his thoughts bothered him more than smelling like rotten eggs. He hated himself for knowing that he lost sleep over thinking about Evelyn again last night, while she probably was having the time of her life.

Something he should be doing, but now he needed to move forward he knew he made some progress over the summer, but he so much hadn't even really given a girl the time of day that he had her, but he was tired, so sick to his stomach about this and he could feel his head hurting due to just everything.

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, sitting on the floor of their living room he felt himself doze off.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:40 am

[[from School Days]]

Oriana stepped out of the elevator onto the third floor and went quietly down the hall, her ballet flats clacking on the wooden surface, scrunching up her nose at her surroundings. She passed 3C and stopped at 3D. A funny stink permeated the air and she coughed as she knocked, gray-brown eyes watering.

The door swung open and a burly man in a wife-beater stood there, staring her down. Oriana blinked, surprised. Last time she'd been here, her crazy mother had been single. "Where's Kay?"

The man grunted, "Sleepin'. Who the feck are ya?"

"Her daughter," Oriana snapped irritably, brushing a long black strand of hair away from her face. Her red-blue streaks shone under the poor lighting. "Why are you in her house?"

"I live here, kid," the man spit. "Your mum in' gonna wake any time soon. So scat."

Oriana felt her jaw drop. This druggie was living in her - their - house? She peeked around him and spotted what looked like a dead squirrel.

That woman's lost it.

"Tell her i came," Oriana said curtly, turning on her heel. Next second, something rammed into her knees. Oriana stumbled, caught herself on the wall and realized it was....a skunk?

"Are you crazy?" she snapped, turning to the man who had bent to pet the thing. "That's a skunk!"

"Aye, and?" the man snapped. Oriana saw the skunk's tail twitch and ducked backward down the hall, her elbow smacking heavily into the wooden surface of 3C's front door. Thud.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next