New York Beats Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Vudu Lounge
James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas] - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 12:31 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Ashlee, Evelyn, and Lola's Apartment
James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas] - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 3:58 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Summer's Lament [OPEN]
James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas] - Page 8 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:47 pm by crm51

» Greenwich Hotel Info
James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas] - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:58 am by Tiger-Lily

» Brittany Hall Info
James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas] - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:52 am by Tiger-Lily

» Housing Registry 2011-2012
James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas] - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:24 am by Tiger-Lily

» Student Registry
James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas] - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:40 pm by Tiger-Lily

» Italy: Summer 2011
James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas] - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:04 am by Tiger-Lily

» Jake's House: Birthday Flames [Jake/Antonio/Ashton]
James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas] - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:18 am by Tiger-Lily

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 58 on Thu May 05, 2022 10:11 pm
Affiliates
RPG-D

Credits
Forum Skin: AnthoAsho
Header Image: Tiger-Lily (Admin)
Background/Other Images: Google Images

James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas]

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas] - Page 8 Empty Re: James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas]

Post  Guest Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:27 am

James coughed, "Dude... how much salt did you put in them?! And sugar..." He went to the bathroom and rinsed his mouth with water, he sighed realizing he felt somewhat bad about yelling at Luke, at least he had tried to fix them breakfast.

He came out of the bathroom and looked at his friend, "Well... at least you tried, but next time read the damn thing. Come on lets leave now maybe we can catch breakfast on the way."

Back to top Go down

James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas] - Page 8 Empty Re: James/Luke's Apt: Beginning of a New Me [Lucas]

Post  Tiger-Lily Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:34 am

Luke hadn't touched his meal. He grimaced, sighing. "Yeah. But we should hurry. We're gonna be late."

He was stumbling into his shoes as he said this. He threw the stack of pancakes into the bin and then rinsed off his hands. "So, how was your walk last night?" he asked, as they left the apartment.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

https://newyorkbeats.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:38 am

[[ Luke and James to Streets of Manhattan]]

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:15 pm

[[from SC]]

Luke was a bit calmed when he entered the apartment. Frankie was awake and the dog bounded over, stumpy tail wagging cheerfully.

Luke leaned down and ruffled his fur. "Hey, big guy. Where's James?"

Frankie cocked his head and Luke glanced up. Was James sleeping on the couch?

He frowned and kicked off his shoes and then undid the buttons on his jacket as he set his guitar case down carefully. He walked over to James and leaned over the back of the couch. James' eyes were closed. "Hey."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:21 pm

James wasn't asleep, he just had his eyes closed to further prevent anymore tears coming out, he refused to cry for her. She didn't deserve it, not one tear that fell from his eyes belonged to her or anything having to do with her.

He cast his blue eyes up at Luke who stood over him, and felt a few more escape his eyes, he stood up picking up his phone, finding the video.

Without as much as even a word to Lucas he shoved it in his hand and got up to go stand near the window, looking out at the city below them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:30 pm

Luke stared after James, feeling like the wind had been knocked out of him. James, the obnoxious, rebellious, short-tempered player, was crying?

Luke glanced down at the phone in his hand as the video began to play. He watched it silently, brain too wedged down with all the shit already buzzing around after his talk with Alexis in there.

When the video ended, he didn't know what to think.

Alexis had said it was Evelyn's idea to dress up like that. To go out and basically pimp themselves out.

And now Evelyn was doing this?

She'd come in trashed last night, Alexis had also said.

Luke lifted his golden-brown eyes to James and walked over to him, placing the phone on the table as he passed. He leaned against the wall by him, eyes on James' wet blue ones. James wasn't even bothering to wipe them dry, he noted. He wondered how long James had been like this.

He should have gotten home quicker, he reflected guiltily.

"When did you...?" He stopped. Who cared? "Did you ask her about this? It's kind of vague..." He couldn't believe, inside him, that Evelyn would do something like this. She'd known that kid a week! But this new Evelyn was different, apparently. Since when did she come home trashed?

Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:40 pm

James pulled away from Luke, walking over to where he put his phone down,;he picked it up, examining its smooth shiny black surface.

With all of his force he tossed it against the wall. watching the back fly off along with the battery, and he heard a notable crack indicating he had probably broken the screen as well. He didn't care he could always get a new one.

"Does it fucking matter Lucas?! Does it honestly fucking matter? That I wasted two years of my god damned life hurting, and ..." He heaved, his breath hitching, as he yelled, "Does it matter! No it doesn't! It doesn't, because she's a fucking whore! She's a fucking, stupid slut and... and... " He held his head in his hands, running them through his hair.

James felt more tears escape and he wanted it to stop, he wanted it all to stop. He didn't even cry in front of Luke after his own father had died: he cried alone, by himself when that happened and now... now he was just a mess.

"She played me, she made me into a fucking fool and now ... now what's the point, huh? I called her Luke, I called her and told her to basically fuck herself and I hope she has a terrible life alone and is fucking miserable. And I meant every single thing I said to her. It's over, it's fucking over! Don't you ever let me near her again!" he shouted at the top of his lungs.

"Don't you ever..." His voice raspy from shouting, and his hands shaking, he sank against the wall, sitting on the floor.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:59 pm

Luke could only watch in frozen horror as James slumped down, the tears still shining on his face.

What the hell can i say? Luke thought desperately. His nice guy side was having a hard time rearing its head these days and he blamed Alexis for that.

He crossed the room to James and kneeled down beside him on the floor, reaching out and placing a tentative hand on his shoulder - he didn't want to get punched because of that redhead again.

When James didn't kill him on the spot, Luke squeezed his shoulder. "You're taking it all wrong," he said, honestly. He was disgusted and beyond furious that Evelyn might have possibly gone there with that tool - he'd never liked Jake. There was something off about him - but he was sick of Evelyn tearing James a new one every so often. It was a sick cycle.

"She was a bad disease. It hurts before it gets better. Now she's out and you'll move on. I know you're hurting," Luke cleared his throat nervously. Consoling James was like consoling a sleeping tiger. One wrong word and he'd be KO'd onto the floor. "But it was unhealthy, what you had."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:22 pm

James tilted his head back against the wall, he thought Luke was sounding like a major fortune cookie right now but he didn't really feel like voicing that at the moment, instead another string of words decided to come out, "Lucas, thinking with your heart is about the stupidest move a man can do."

He took a deep breath, " Hell men should just be built without one, all it does is make you believe that anything is possible and all that "love conquers all" fairy tale bullshit is true, when it isn't."

James folded his hands together and looked down at them, "You know all this crap happened to me to show that I'm just not cut out for it, that I was never meant to find anything and I probably never will and you know what? It doesn't bother me anymore, it doesn't bother me that Claire that bitch was right. All I am is good looks, hell I got into school just because I can dribble a ball, but I break a leg and what's left for me? Nothing."

James looked up at Luke and felt more tears sting his eyes as he said this, "Luke you're one of the best people I know, and my life may be some miserable big fuck you, but I want you to know, that even if I bring you down or girls do, that you're gonna end up happy someday. You're gonna be doing something you love because you're smart, and just because my life sucks yours doesn't have to. You deserve everything good in life, you deserve to be happy Luke and just because I don't have it you should, you honestly truly deserve it. You're my best friend and you're going to go far."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:04 pm

Luke was more than a bit scared now. James sounded dangerously suicidal.

He was going to have to talk him out of that. Evelyn wasn't worth James' spirit.

"James?" Luke said, getting over his stump. "Shut up. Seriously."

He placed his hand on the top of James' head and turned it to face him, eyes narrowing in irritation. "You're going to sit here feeling sorry for yourself because some girl screwed you over? James, grow up, your mom was just like Evelyn, forever bringing everyone down, but that doesn't mean all girls are evil." He briefly thought of Alexis and cringed. "So you ran into one bad seed. So what? There's a whole freaking world, you idiot! You and Lyn, you were both from bad pasts and it held you down. Two wrongs do not make a right, you know? There's truth in it." He paused for breath.

Letting go of James' head, he continued firmly before James could interrupt. "You both brought your past wounds together, made them even worse because you know each other's ugly secrets. You know her and she knows everything about you. You could tear her a new one worse than anyone else and she could bring you down just as easily. It was never going to work. She was never worth it and you don't need to declare your life over because she's no longer in it. You're more than just a jock; James, if I called Lila right now, she'd tell you just what a good guy you are. She adores you. Even if you did lock her in her closet. You're passionate, James, and not many people are about anything these days. You're loyal and in a city like this, I couldn't ask for a better friend. You give your all to anything and everything you do, and you're a great wingman." This was somewhat sarcastic. Any potential date mostly ended up more interested in Luke's wingman than him.

He frowned and finished, "You deserve to prosper as much as anyone I've ever known and all the more so because of your shitty past. You've been granted a escape from going round in circles, so I suggest you stop moping around, take it and go out and celebrate."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:40 am

James mulled over Luke's words, he had been right for the most part but it still didn't seem to fill that hollow, numb feeling he had.

He had finally broken the cycle, and all the thing in his head he wanted to say he finally did.

James cleared his throat, "I'll celebrate when I get a new phone." He smiled weakly at the broken pile that was his Blackberry.

He lifted himself off the ground looking down at his friend, "Oh tell anyone, and I mean anyone. You saw me cry today, I'll break your skinny ass in half."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:08 am

Luke laughed, more relieved his words had worked than anything, and stood up himself. "Who'd believe me?"

He walked over to his guitar case and carried it over to his room, followed by Frankie. "Why don't you give Frankie a walk? It might help you clear your head."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:20 am

James looked down at the big dog, his tail wagging, James knelt on one knee and scratched him behind the ears.

"Do you wanna go on a walk Frankie? Yeah you do huh boy?" James talked to the dog like it was a small child, grabbing his leash, he clipped it to his collar.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:38 am

"I'm gonna see if we have anything for lunch," Luke said from the kitchen. "Later."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:27 pm

[[Thursday after party]]

Luke was getting ready to head to his morning class when he decided to try Ashlee again. He'd been exhausted practicing his guitar work all day yesterday and gone to bed too early.

He hit 3 on his speed dial and waited. James was still slumbering. Luke hadn't talked to him since the day before and he wondered how James' walk had gone.

And where he'd left Frankie. Probably with Connor.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:32 pm

Ashlee slung her bag over her head, and saw Luke calling her, "Yo, Lucas." She answered walking out of the apartment.

http://www.polyvore.com/untitled/set?id=21375750

James tossed over in his bed, he had heard Luke get up to leave for class or whatever he was doing, he was going to get up but he kind of wanted to sleep since he hadn't last night.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:37 pm

"Headed to class," Luke said, pulling on his navy jacket. He combed his long fingers through his hair absently. "Do you have a second? I need to show you something."

He'd retrieved James' Sim card and memory card from the smashed blackberry and put them into his own so he was, in essence, able to use James' phone number and check his messages. And he'd found the video. Placing the SIM and memory card in the desk drawer James had claimed, he added, "It's...really urgent." James stirred and Luke left the bedroom, shutting the door behind him. He wondered how many hours of sleep James had actually gotten.

God, Ev, this better be a freaking joke...
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:55 pm

"Yeah my class doesn't start for another hour anyway, do you want to meet on campus?" Ashlee asked him walking down the hallway into the elevator.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:57 pm

"Sure. Meet me at the cafe in five." Luke hung up as he exited the apartment. He figured he could be a little late to class for this. He had a good record anyways.

[[Luke and Ash to AC]]
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:46 am

[[Friday, Luke from Dorms]]

Luke unlocked the apartment door, heading inside. He figured James was still at class or whatever. The apartment was silent. Luke stretched tiredly. Too much emotional drama too early on a Friday.

It was hard to believe he'd come to New York just two weeks ago. It felt like so much had changed, both outside and in him. Friendships had broken, new drama stirred up and the unexpected end of James and Evelyn's messed up romance occurred. He'd definitely not seen that.

He wondered if that video had been true. Evelyn wouldn't give him a straight answer. And from what he could tell from Facebook, she and Jake were still apparently going okay.

Luke logged in out of sheer boredom on his laptop as he sat on the living room couch. He had a Diet Coke in hand as he scrolled down his newsfeed.

What the hell? He choked. Evelyn was....widowed? He wondered what great crime Jake had committed that would make the redhead virtually kill him off. Luke found himself stifling a grin. They still sounded okay, even if Evelyn was (clearly) angry at the Spaniard. Luke didn't know if he should feel happy for her having moved onto someone she (admittedly, much as he hated to think this and felt like a betrayer to James) actually seemed to genuinely get along with. There were not a lot of people Evelyn tolerated on a daily basis. If Jake had managed to be one of them in less than two weeks, Luke had definitely misjudged him....

I'm on James' side, he reminded himself. But Evelyn was his friend too. And inside him, he didn't believe for a second that she'd actually slept with Jake. But she'd let James go along with assuming it was true. She had to have known it would near kill him. So why would she do that? Luke didn't know but he didn't think Evelyn would confess. She seemed intent on letting this rumor spread.

Should I tell James? What if it is true? She does seem very into Jake....I've never seen her get along so well with any other guy. But maybe...maybe she wants James to move away from her...? Knowing Evelyn, that was exactly the sort of crazy, desperate move she'd pull. Luke scratched his head in frustration - forgetting he was holding a Coke.

Five seconds later, he sat on the couch with drenched hair, Coke-scented clothing and a smoking laptop.

"Ah hell," he muttered.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:30 pm

[[Umbrella is playing on my iTunes as I type this. FML. -_-]]

After depositing his wet laptop into a plastic bag and tucking it away in his closet, Luke had ordered pizza, talking to James over Facebook on his phone. He used the landline to call Ashlee as he talked to James.

James mentioned some girl he'd met in his class. Rosemary. Luke remembered Alexis' friend back in Ash Creek. James didn't seem overly interested except mentioning she was cute.

And she looked kind of like Evelyn. Alarm bells went off in Luke's head. They screamed "rebound".

But she seemed like a nice girl. As in, not a whore. He fervently hoped James would take some time to himself so he wouldn't rebound on her.

It hadn't been three days since he and Evelyn had completely ended it, after all.

James said he wasn't feeling class more so than usual. he felt bothered by how he was acting. Luke didn't approve of skipping classes more than James had already done. So he insisted James stay until the end (and not mess up his chances with a nice girl).

Luke got off the phone with plans for him and James to have a relaxed, drama-free guys' night out. Shoot pool.

He opened the door and frowned down at the tiny delivery guy. "Five minutes late, bro."

The guy glared. He was only about five feet but not intimidated. "Fuck you, your elevator is a piece o' shit."

Luke blinked. Was this guy serious? He bit his tongue. "Give me the pizza already."

The guy glared. "Money first."

Luke frowned down at him. "Pizza first so I know you don't run off with it. It's not like I can run."

He checked his watch. He was right. The guy was late.

The guy handed him the pizza with a glare.

And Luke slammed the door in his face with a wide, dimpled grin.

he picked up his phone and tried Ashlee again since she hadn't picked up the first time.

[[Now, iTunes is playing Beg. -_______- James is EVIL. He's vodooing my iTunes, I know he is.]]
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:17 pm

[[Ashlee from her apartment]]

Ashlee had been straightening her hair, she was humming and saw her phone light up, she put down the flat iron and bringing the phone up to her ear.

"Aloha Lucas!" She chirped happily.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:21 pm

"Ciao, Ash," he replied, ignoring the banging in the background as the pizza guy tried to knock down the door. "You busy right now? If not, I have a huge pizza and James is being a nerd and staying in class," he said, grinning at the paradox.

Oriana had woken late that day, seeing as she had no classes. She glared at Ashlee across the room over the noise of the hair dryer. "Do you mind? Trying to catch sleep over here."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:25 pm

Ashlee had pulled a face in the mirror in annoyance at her roommate, she came out of the bathroom, grabbing her laptop and walking into the living room to not disturb the sleeping beast.

She opened the screen to her Macbook, quickly typing in the password, she logged onto Facebook, looking through things and she responded to Luke, "Not really, just trying not to disturb the beast from her slumber, and on Facebook, but Ev wanted me to come over for something so I might stop by there for a bit but I can join you and James for pizza after." She said.

As she talked to Lucas, she looked through some pictures she had uploaded from her camera, going through some of them she found a couple from when they had all went out it was at some park, or beach some place with Luke, Evelyn, James, Haley, and one of Haley's friends.

She stopped on a couple of photos of Evelyn and James together and frowned. Even though things had ended really badly for them, she wished that they would somehow reach a point where they could at least be friends, they used to have a lot of fun together. Ashlee felt like things had kind of fallen apart since they all arrived into the city.

Ashlee wondered if she should upload the photos, for old times sake, maybe remind them that there was a time that they could actually tolerate each other, although with things as fragile as they were they could create a lot of backlash, she bit her lip and decided that it was now or never.

Unpublished Photos
There are photos which have not yet been published to your profile or to News Feed.
Publish Skip Cancel

She clicked skip and decided the tags enough would stir enough drama, it didn't need to be broad casted to everyone else on her friends
list.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:31 pm

"Ahh," Luke hesitated when a terrific THUD sounded outside; the pizza guy seemed to have thrown himself against the door. And been epically owned.

"Depending on how long you stay at Ev's," he said to Ashlee, trying to ignore Rambo ramming the door, "James and I might go shoot pool or something. Give me a call first."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next