New York Beats Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Vudu Lounge
Streets of Manhattan - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 12:31 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Ashlee, Evelyn, and Lola's Apartment
Streets of Manhattan - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 3:58 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Summer's Lament [OPEN]
Streets of Manhattan - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:47 pm by crm51

» Greenwich Hotel Info
Streets of Manhattan - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:58 am by Tiger-Lily

» Brittany Hall Info
Streets of Manhattan - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:52 am by Tiger-Lily

» Housing Registry 2011-2012
Streets of Manhattan - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:24 am by Tiger-Lily

» Student Registry
Streets of Manhattan - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:40 pm by Tiger-Lily

» Italy: Summer 2011
Streets of Manhattan - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:04 am by Tiger-Lily

» Jake's House: Birthday Flames [Jake/Antonio/Ashton]
Streets of Manhattan - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:18 am by Tiger-Lily

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 58 on Thu May 05, 2022 10:11 pm
Affiliates
RPG-D

Credits
Forum Skin: AnthoAsho
Header Image: Tiger-Lily (Admin)
Background/Other Images: Google Images

Streets of Manhattan

2 posters

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

Go down

Streets of Manhattan - Page 5 Empty Re: Streets of Manhattan

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:12 pm

Evelyn had almost reached the entrance to the store when Jake's words sank into her head. She threw him a surprised glance over her shoulder. "Oh God, you're bipolar, aren't you?" She turned back to face him, eyes wide. Maybe he'd forgotten his medication? That would explain all his mood swings.

Maybe he was even schizo? What if he was dangerous? Evelyn eyed him warily. What if he suddenly pulled a knife on her or something?

"You're a schizo...schizophrenic, aren't you?" she demanded, stepping away from him in case she had to make a run for it.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

https://newyorkbeats.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:15 pm

Jacob's mouth fell in astonishment.

Is this bitch serious?!

"Are you... a-re." He shook his head and he scoffed, he felt his anger returning to him, "I just apologized to you, and you called me a freaking schizo? What the hell is going up in that Red head of yours? Really? REALLY!" He asked so beyond words, he just felt like he was rambling, and he kept his distance, from her because he was so close to socking her, that the last thing he wanted was a law suite.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:21 pm

Evelyn scoffed but kept a distance from him. Now the psycho was mad. This wasn't a safe situation. What if he had a gun? Her mouth went dry.

He looked outraged that she'd even suggest the idea of him not being completely sane. "Really," Evelyn said. She'd never been good with being too subtle. But she didn't want this lunatic murdering her on her second night in New York.

She still had Luke and Alexis' wedding to attend, after all.

"You know what, I think you should get some sleeping pill. Then maybe you can sleepwalk home and not listen to those Voices when they tell you to harass people," Evelyn added.

She felt a twinge of guilt. "Or maybe I could take you to one of those 24-7 clinics?" she asked. "Book you a session. bUt first, I really need to get some NyQuill."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:22 pm

Jacob felt his own headache coming on, that was coming from Evelyn. He didn't even want to run into her and fight to her, he wanted to escape Seth being a moron in the dorms, and the stupid cat that clawed him when he went to save it.

He was just annoyed and tired, and was honestly just looking to leave the place, and this happened.

"You know what, whatever. I said I was sorry and that's all that matters. So get better." He muttered annoyed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:27 pm

Evelyn wondered what was wrong with this guy. But her own head was hurting worse, so as long as Jake didn't go crazy again, she was willing to drop it.

She crossed her arms, shivering. "Thanks? Your dog's scared to death." She glanced down at the tiny thing, and it was wet through, keeping a safe distance from both her and Jake.

She tilted her head up to look him in the eye, frowning. "You have a short fuse, don't you?"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:34 pm

Jake gave a small smile and looked at the dog, she was right he was soaked, "Yeah he's probably not even gonna want to come back with me now after this."

He gave the dog a quick pat on the head, and was a bit amazed by how it was still raining, he sighed, "Yeah I kind of do, but you can tell how well that worked out."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:36 pm

Evelyn thought back on the past few minutes and even though her temples were about ready to explode, she laughed at the sheer ridiculousness. "Wow, Jake, that was extreme maturity on both our parts. I can't fault you completely, I suppose." She wrung some water out of her hair, glad the rain was slowing. "I'm going to head home now and pretend I didn't spend my second night in New York bickering like a six-year-old."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:40 pm

Jake snorted, shaking the water from his hair, the dog mocking him again, "Yeah I think I'll do the same, plus I wanna get home before I catch whatever it is you have." He joked.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:47 pm

[[From 7/11]]

James came outside with Luke, and he laughed a bit looking up at him, "Dude I can't believe you threw up in there."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:52 pm

Evelyn turned away from the store just as two people came out. She stepped away from it, past Jake, accidentally-on-purpose whacking his side with her elbow for his comment. "Yeah? Don't make me give it to you, smartmouth. Pick up the dog would you? He looks like he's dying over there."

Luke felt his face heat up at James' comment. "Shut up, I saved your butt, ungrateful jerk. I swear, you should get plastic surgery and have them give you warts all over your face so this shit doesn't happen again." He glanced down the street to the subway entrance. The pair he'd seen right outside the store was still there, but clearly leaving. Luke squinted. THe rain had slowed and he could have sworn the girl's brunette head shone a brief blondish hue.

Nah, it can't be her. She said she was out with Alexis and they're probably home at twelve at night, he thought, recalling Evelyn's Facebook status.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:59 pm

Jake winced, and he almost yanked at Evelyn's hair again, but he decided against it, he picked up the dog, and shoved him back in his jacket zipping it up, the dog looked up at Jake and licked his chin, "Oh he's a dog Evelyn, don't worry I'm sure he was used to being out here but if you must insist, there he's in my sweater again."

"Dude that girl was a stage five clinger, of course you saved me back there, I'm just saying you should have at least thrown up outside of 7/11." James stated matter-of-factly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:14 pm

Evelyn snorted at Jake's display of gallantry. "Because you'd actually listen to me." She heard voices on the silent street and glanced behind her. Two males, was all she could make out in the darkness and they were laughing.

Evelyn felt a twinge of fear but she brushed it off. Seattle had been a big city. She didn't need to worry. Still, she surreptitiously moved closer to Jake's side. "Let's hurry, okay?"

Luke had to laugh at the priceless look on that girl's face. "If I hadn't left her a nice mess ot clean up, she'd be chasing after us right now." He threw a glance at the couple ahead of them. His eyes landed on the girl's brown hair and he wondered if...

Luke shook his head. Who the hell would Evelyn be out with?
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:41 pm

"Why, you the big bad Evelyn afraid of the city? Don't worry you've got me to protect you." Jake grinned obnoxiously.

James shuddered at the thought of the girl with the 7/11 vest chasing them down the street, "Dude don't joke about things like that, especially here. People are crazy just like skunk guy had proven to us."

James caught Luke gazing at the couple in front of him, and he started to wonder, why he was staring at the girl, "Um dude, that's someone else's girl any reason you're checking her out?" He almost nudged Luke but remembered his reaction earlier, and decided against it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:45 pm

Evelyn groaned out loud. "You just had to say that," she remarked, shoving her elbow into Jake's side and almost hitting the dog. "But seriously, there are two people behind us, and I could have sworn I saw them on the street a while ago too." She glanced behind her once more.

And then frowned. One of the boys had passed under a square of light from a window. His hair shone brownish blond.

And he was really tall. Those were not common combination.

"Lucas?" Evelyn muttered, confused. She glanced up at Jake. "I think I know one of them, actually."

Luke's cheeks reddened. "Shut up," he said again, smacking James' shoulder and peeling his gaze off the girl. "She just reminded me of someone is all."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:56 pm

Jacob glanced back at the two guys behind them, not really seeing them, since it was kind of dark, he looked back at Evelyn, "Do you want to say hi?"

"Ohhh I see, is it because she reminds you of Alexis." James winked at Luke.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:01 pm

Luke threw up his hands, face reddening. "I'm not...ugh, not going to argue. She looks nothing like Alexis."

It probably wasn't Eveln. But then the girl glanced bakc at him and he could have sworn her eyes were green.

Luke swallowed, a sickening feeling arising in his stomach.

And then the girl stopped and turned around.

Evelyn had decided it was most definitely Luke. He was way too tall for most of the guys she'd seen here, and his hair glowed golden-brown distinctly under streetlights.

She grabbed Jake's sleeve, tugging him around to face Luke. "Yeah, actually. Do you mind or are you desperate to get home."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:09 pm

"Not really, no." Jake felt Evelyn tug at his sleeve as they went to go up to the guys that were now behind them.

James raised an eyebrow at Luke, "Oh okay, settle down guy it was only a joke."

He noticed that the girl and guy were approaching them quickly, and she looked a bit familiar, as she came up to them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:13 pm

Luke swore, out loud, not caring if James heard. "Dude, I left my wallet bac at the store when i paid for that water bottle."

He grabbed James' shoulder and turned him around, throwing a glance back at the girl. She was now only twenty feet away.

Her green eyes met his and she smiled. He didn't return it. He'd been right.

"Let's go before that cashier steals something," he said to James hurriedly.

Evelyn frowned, confused. What the hell was Luke doing? "Lucas!" she called and she knew he'd heard because he paused for a second before tugging his friend's shoulder forward.

"I think he's drunk," she said to Jake. She looked at the other boy, some brown-haired guy. "And maybe his friend too." Evelyn lifted two fingers to her mouth and whistled to get Luke's attention. If he was drunk, she wasn't leaving him out here.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:28 pm

James heard the girl behind them call Lucas' name, and he turned to his friend, "Dude the chick you were checking out is calling your name, why don't you see what she wants, I'm sure the 7/11 chick didn't hate you that much to burn your wallet."

Jake eyed both the boys, they did seem a bit drunk and he looked at Evelyn, "Wow drunk on a weeknight. Aren't they the overachievers, and I don't think your friend heard you."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:31 pm

"He's not normally like this," Evelyn answered. She sped up, letting go of Jake's sleeve. SHe'd forgotten she'd been holding onto it, almost dragging him.

Luke shook his head, grabbing James' arm and not replying. "Let's just hurry." He pulled James on faster.

"Lucas, are you really that out of it?" Evelyn's voice carried clearly over to him and he flinched.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:37 pm

Jacob was dragged a long by Evelyn, like his dog would have been if he was wearing a leash, Evelyn let him go, and he really hoped that these guys were her friends cause so far neither of them have bothered to acknowledge her, and although he really didn't know her, he wasn't going to let her exactly go off with these two drunk dudes.

James released himself from Luke's grip, "Dude calm down. You're freaking dragging me across the damn sidewalk, just chill out, 7/11 is right there, is open twenty-four hours for a reason."

James turned back to where he heard the voice calling out to Luke, and he saw her approaching, and when she passed under the streetlight, James' eyes widened and his mouth fell open.

"Evelyn?" He managed to utter, as he saw her approached with a dark haired guy with a dog in his sweater.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:49 pm

Luke choked and grabbed James' arm again to turn him around. "No, you're hallucinating."

Evelyn opened her mouth and froze. Now that the guy was facing her, there was no mistaking from this range those intense blue eyes.

No, no, no, this is not happening. Alexis said he was only here a while and I thought he'd leave before I ran into him.

Her insides were stone; she couldn't feel a thing right then. But she wasn't willing to stick around.

Acting on instinct, Evelyn reached out and dug her fingers into Jake's arm. "Jake? You owe me, you know that right? For breaking into my suite and for harassing me just now." she muttered out of the corner of her mouth, stopping. Luke was clearly trying to tug James away and Evelyn did her best not to meet his eyes even though she could feel him staring at her from twenty feet away.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:58 pm

"No, no... no I'm not." James' voice sounding so distant from him, he knew he was staring at Evelyn, because he knew this eyes from anywhere, he couldn't even feel Luke tugging at him, though he didn't move at his efforts to move him.

Why had Evelyn been twenty feet away from him? James thought she had returned to Seattle but there she was only feet away from him with another guy.

Jake winced feeling Evelyn's nails dig in through his sweater he removed her hand, "Ow, geez Catwomen calm down with the claws there."

He looked up at the brunette guy who was staring at Evelyn like he had seen a ghost, and the tall blond dude trying to tug him away, he was confused at what was going on and why Evelyn now was so gun-ho on leaving.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:01 pm

"Shut up," Evelyn replied quietly to Jake's whining, keeping her gaze off James. "If you want to leave here without drama, you're going to have to play along with me on this one. Okay?"

Luke gritted his teeth. "Look, it's just..." He really didn't know what to say, because by the look in James' eyes, his friend was not hallucinating at all and James knew it.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:04 pm

Jake scowled but looked at Evelyn, she looked genuinely freaked a bit. He didn't really know what to do, clearly he had gotten himself mixed up into something and he sighed, "Um okay so what do you want to leave then?"

James didn't know what to say, except, "How long?" He repeated himself again, "How long did you know she was here."

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next