New York Beats Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Vudu Lounge
Streets of Manhattan - Page 17 EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 12:31 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Ashlee, Evelyn, and Lola's Apartment
Streets of Manhattan - Page 17 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 3:58 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Summer's Lament [OPEN]
Streets of Manhattan - Page 17 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:47 pm by crm51

» Greenwich Hotel Info
Streets of Manhattan - Page 17 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:58 am by Tiger-Lily

» Brittany Hall Info
Streets of Manhattan - Page 17 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:52 am by Tiger-Lily

» Housing Registry 2011-2012
Streets of Manhattan - Page 17 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:24 am by Tiger-Lily

» Student Registry
Streets of Manhattan - Page 17 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:40 pm by Tiger-Lily

» Italy: Summer 2011
Streets of Manhattan - Page 17 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:04 am by Tiger-Lily

» Jake's House: Birthday Flames [Jake/Antonio/Ashton]
Streets of Manhattan - Page 17 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:18 am by Tiger-Lily

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 58 on Thu May 05, 2022 10:11 pm
Affiliates
RPG-D

Credits
Forum Skin: AnthoAsho
Header Image: Tiger-Lily (Admin)
Background/Other Images: Google Images

Streets of Manhattan

2 posters

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Go down

Streets of Manhattan - Page 17 Empty Re: Streets of Manhattan

Post  JulietsCurse Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:47 pm

"Wh- Hey!" Alexis frowned, slightly recognizing them. "... Shit,Connor's gonna kill me."She muttered under her breath, staring after them.
JulietsCurse
JulietsCurse

Relationship : "He kiwd meh, Nayfun. I'm fookin' ded."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:50 pm

Evelyn tore after Jake, matching his pace with some difficulty due to his coat getting in her way. She gritted her teeth and didn't dare look back. "Where...where to?" she called to him breathlessly. Frankie barked excitedly, getting into the mood, and Evelyn felt a laugh burst out of her throat. This was so ridiculous, it was funny. James was going to think she was nuts. She didn't care.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

https://newyorkbeats.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:00 pm

Jake looked back to Evelyn keeping up his pace; as they darted down the street, he looked back at James and Alexis. "Just a bit further down the street." He started laughing as he tried to escape; this was definitely another funny moment to add.

James had been a good distance behind them, they kind of had a head start. He looked back to Alexis who was running behind him. "Connor will kill you? I'll kill them!"

Back to top Go down

Post  JulietsCurse Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:06 pm

Alexis grabbed James' arm to stop him as she haulted. "Wait- stop, there's no way we're gonna get them now."
JulietsCurse
JulietsCurse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:15 pm

Evelyn nodded, trying to breathe around both her laughter and the exertion of running. She used to go on regular jogs in Ash Creek. But she'd dropped that habit here. And now her body was paying her back for it.

She hadn't seen James or Alexis' expressions; she'd just heard James' yell and bolted on Jake's instruction on pure instinct. But she figured facing Alexis was going to be really awkward now. Yeah, um...forgetting that dog I stole that you stole from Connor...how's it going?

Not happening.

She and Jake ran till they came to Olivia's building and Evelyn glanced behind her to see no James or Alexis in sight. She reached over and caught Jake's sleeve to slow him, managing to say, "They're g-gone," before she doubled over and braced her hands on her knees to catch her breath, hair whipping past her cheeks.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:29 pm

Jake slowed down, stopping completely in front of the building to catch his breath, he made a mental vow to start going to the gym and working out again once he was better.

"Nice hustle back there Red, I thought for sure I would have lost you." Jake said exhaling, he pulled out his phone and went through his phone book and calling Olivia.

"Hey Liver, I'm outside bring out Nova." He said hanging up.

James stopped, resting his hands on his knees he took a deep breath, usually he would have caught up with Jake but he hadn't done any real sort of exercise since basketball practice and games back in Ash Creek, which he figured if he was here on his athletic scholarship he better get back into shape quick.

He straightened himself looking back at Alexis, "I guess you're right, oh well they'll bring him back to Connor then I guess."

Back to top Go down

Post  JulietsCurse Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:41 pm

"I hope." Alexis muttered, catching her breath. She usually would have caught up to them but she hadn't been doing her exercises or playing soccer lately and her shoes weren't exactly.. runnable.
JulietsCurse
JulietsCurse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:19 pm

While Jake was on the phone, Evelyn sat down on the set of steps to the front door, beside Frankie, buttoning up a few of the coat buttons as she petted him. She wondered idly what James might make of the fact that she and Jake were still hanging out together when James had been convinced that Jake would run.

It would be a lot more genuine if he would run, she thought. She heaved a tired sigh and Frankie nuzzled her cheek as Jake spoke into his phone. "I should call this off, huh?" she asked Frankie quietly over the sound of traffic in the lane. The Rottweiler gave a short bark but Evelyn didn't know if that was a yes or a no.

She shook her head. "Thanks anyways." She remembered thinking that, in her messed up itinerary, the first step had been moving on. Genuinely, this time. And what she and Jake were doing was more to put up a front for their exes. Nothing was going to come of that. Except maybe more lying to herself. Evelyn glanced around as Jake hung up his call. She bit her lip, looking back at Frankie.

Yeah, we'll end it. I think we sort of did anyway. Need to end it on Facebook, of course, otherwise it won't be "real" enough.

Frankie barked twice and put his head on her lap.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:56 pm

Olivia came outside of the apartment building, holding Nova in her arms. Her light brown hair was in a loose ponytail to the side.

Jake took Nova and gave Olivia a quick hug, "Hey Liv, sorry I took so long other things came up."

Olivia shook her head, "No problem he's so cute!" She chriped petting him behind the ears.

Jake put him on his leash, "Oh Olivia this is Evelyn, Evelyn this Lo's sister Olivia."

Olivia gave a quick wave to Evelyn, "Nice to meet you, but I'm gonna go inside I'm freezing."

"See ya Cake!" She said turning back into her apartment.

"Adios Liver!" Jake waved turning to Evelyn and Frankie.

"Come on let's go."

"We better get going then, I have class tomorrow and I've kind of been cutting." James said turning around towards campus.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:01 am

Evelyn lifted a hand in a small wave as Olivia disappeared. She kinda looked like she could be Lola's twin, just separated by a few years.

She got up and took Frankie's leash. "Hold up, Sal. Change dogs." She walked over to where he stood.

Before he could say anything, she reached up and looped Frankie's leash over his head, and then grabbed the puppy's leash from him. "Merci!" she said cheekily, kneeling to ruffle Nova's head. The puppy seemed pleased to see them after nearly 24 hours and Evelyn smiled when he braced himself on his hind legs against her and slobbered all over her face.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JulietsCurse Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:10 am

"James- Um. Can I ask you one last thing?" Alexis asked as she just remembered it, as they walked back for the dorms.
JulietsCurse
JulietsCurse

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:27 am

"Ask away, Lex." James replied.

"Oh right gotta look manly walking down the street. " He said taking Frankie's leash.

He whistled, reaching over and flicking Evelyn's head.

Back to top Go down

Post  JulietsCurse Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:30 am

"When .. or.. why did Luke change? And by that I mean.. who shoved his head up his ass?" Alexis asked, rubbing at her arm. Honestly... she did miss her buddy.
JulietsCurse
JulietsCurse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:31 am

Manly?! Evelyn caught the bastard's hand, giving his index finger a twist the wrong way as she stood back up. She grinned up at Jake, still holding onto his hand to ensure it hurt just a little, at least. "What manliness?"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:51 am

Jake winced, he leaned in and bit Evelyn's cheek lightly, "There's your manliness chicka."

James pondered this thought. Luke did seem a little different, but he didn't think it was too bad.

"Um well I kind of told him he was being a push over. I don't think he's being an ass, probably more assertive or something like that." James said shrugging.

Back to top Go down

Post  JulietsCurse Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:53 am

"... James, he's not being assertive, he's being down right cold and cruel an-.." Alexis trailed off, lowering her gaze to the ground. Her head ached faintly as she thought about all this and she bit down on her inner lip hard, anger now boiling in the pit of her stomach. "He's being a royal ASSHOLE!"
JulietsCurse
JulietsCurse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:58 am

Evelyn started, dropping Jake's hand instantly, and turned her head away, swiping at her cheek with her - actually, his - coat sleeve. "Ew! Do I look edible to you, connard?" Her cheeks flamed red even as she said it and she stepped as casually as she could another foot away from Jake, seriously wishing he hadn't done that.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:10 am

Jake winked, "You did eat some truffles, I think I tasted some chocolate." He winked.

James furrowed his eyebrows together, "Well Alexis, sometimes being nice doesn't pay off. People walk all over and use it as an excuse to take advantage of you. So I don't blame him."

Back to top Go down

Post  JulietsCurse Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:12 am

Alexis frowned, pursing her lips. "Bull shit, James! What about the friends who haven't then?"
JulietsCurse
JulietsCurse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:18 am

Evelyn swallowed just a little uncomfortably and fought down her blush, shaking her head as she turned and began walking toward campus again, Nova trotting after her. Or at least, where she thought it was. She was a bit clueless as to where they were. To cover up her momentary lull in a comeback, she said hastily, "You ate all the chocolate, jackass. I got stuck with vanilla."

She felt a twinge of annoyance, but she wasn't entirely sure where it came from. Jake and his perpetual teasing flirtation or the fact that he'd eaten half her dessert. She frowned and kicked a crushed soda can out of her way. Nova yipped and tried to chase after it. "Down, boy," Evelyn said firmly, tugging him back.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:57 am

"And they were pretty damn tasty. Careful with the leash you don't want to strangle the pup." Jake noticed Evelyn tugging on the leash.

"Doesn't mean they won't screw you over eventually. Look if you look like an idiot or something wouldn't you want someone to tell you? Why lie or pretend to be nice? If anything that hurts a persons feelings way more. Also people never know, its like you give them the inch and they take the whole damn mile!" James ranted.

Back to top Go down

Post  JulietsCurse Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:01 am

"All he's doing is hurting other people now! Ones who haven't even THOUGHT about hurting him!" Alexis ranted back.
JulietsCurse
JulietsCurse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:15 am

"Right," Evelyn muttered. She inhaled slowly, letting her annoyance fade as they started walking. She slipped her free hand into the pocket of Jake's coat absently and kept silent in hopes that he wouldn't keep making this situation worse for her than it was.

Nova and Frankie raced ahead, sniffing and wagging their tails at everything and each other.

Evelyn felt her hand brush something in the pocket's lining. She frowned, glancing down as they walked, and closed her fingers around it tentatively.

Something wet hit her skin. Something warm.

Oh crap...

Evelyn felt the blood drain from her face and she yelped, yanking her hand back and tearing off Jake's coat as she tried to keep her hold on Nova's leash. "Merde! God dammit!" She stuffed the coat in Jake's arms, shivering in the breeze as her hair whipped at her eyes. She wiped her fingers furiously on the coat's fabric, making a disgusted sound. "What the hell, Jake?!"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:41 am

Jake raised an eyebrow at her, "What the hell?" He reached into the pockets of his jacket and he felt something damp, which obviously it had freaked her out.

He pulled whatever the item was out of his pocket and sighed, "Its hand sanitizer, Seth's. The idiot always has those stupid travel size ones and made me hold on to this one. I guess it burst." He frowned now having to clean his jacket.

He tossed the container in a passing garbage can, throwing his coat over one shoulder.

"Just because they haven't hurt you know doesn't mean they ever won't!" James blurted.

Back to top Go down

Post  JulietsCurse Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:44 am

"So you just hurt them before they hurt you..." Alexis said lowly, pursing her lips and felt her stomach stir even more.
JulietsCurse
JulietsCurse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next