New York Beats Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Vudu Lounge
Streets of Manhattan - Page 18 EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 12:31 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Ashlee, Evelyn, and Lola's Apartment
Streets of Manhattan - Page 18 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 3:58 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Summer's Lament [OPEN]
Streets of Manhattan - Page 18 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:47 pm by crm51

» Greenwich Hotel Info
Streets of Manhattan - Page 18 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:58 am by Tiger-Lily

» Brittany Hall Info
Streets of Manhattan - Page 18 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:52 am by Tiger-Lily

» Housing Registry 2011-2012
Streets of Manhattan - Page 18 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:24 am by Tiger-Lily

» Student Registry
Streets of Manhattan - Page 18 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:40 pm by Tiger-Lily

» Italy: Summer 2011
Streets of Manhattan - Page 18 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:04 am by Tiger-Lily

» Jake's House: Birthday Flames [Jake/Antonio/Ashton]
Streets of Manhattan - Page 18 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:18 am by Tiger-Lily

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 58 on Thu May 05, 2022 10:11 pm
Affiliates
RPG-D

Credits
Forum Skin: AnthoAsho
Header Image: Tiger-Lily (Admin)
Background/Other Images: Google Images

Streets of Manhattan

2 posters

Page 18 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next

Go down

Streets of Manhattan - Page 18 Empty Re: Streets of Manhattan

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:47 am

Evelyn blew out a breath, relieved. "Oh," she said, suddenly feeling ridiculous as she rubbed the sanitizer over her hands. She cleared her throat and tightened her grip on Nova's leash as he went to sniff at a hobo's foot.

Way to assert your bravado, Ev, she thought to herself.

"Hey! You kid!" a guttural voice snarled. Evelyn's head shot up and she glanced over at where Nova had been. The hobo was sitting up, holding the sanitizer bottle in one hand, the other clamped over his eye. He narrowed his visible eye at the teenagers, clenching his jaw, and got to his feet.

Doom, Evelyn concluded. She tugged Nova over and scooped him up under one arm.

The hobo snarled and began storming over, going, "You git mah aye!" His remaining "aye" was bloodshot in lunatic fury and he stumbled like he was drunk, almost tripping over a beer bottle.

"Damn," she commented, watching him. "We should run." How they were going to run with her carrying a pup too slow to keep up was beyond her.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

https://newyorkbeats.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:13 pm

Jake looked back at the homeless man he appeared to be very out of it, and he didn't really want to piss him off so he turned back, "Hey listen it was an accident I didn't see you there if I had known I would have thrown it somewhere else." Quickening his pace,

"Pretty much." James said shoving his hands in his pocket, quietly fuming.

Back to top Go down

Post  JulietsCurse Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:19 pm

"That's bull shit." Alexis fumed, gripping onto her bag very tightly. "Utter bull fucking shit."
JulietsCurse
JulietsCurse

Relationship : "He kiwd meh, Nayfun. I'm fookin' ded."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Evelyn mimicked Jake's steps, more annoyed than unnerved. She kind of wondered what Frankie would do if she sicced him on this guy. But she figured Jake had the right idea. They were both winded. She didn't want to run anymore.

The drunk dude spit at them and then began to swear in what sounded like Russian.

"Pidaraas!" he screamed after them.

"Who?" Evelyn muttered out of the corner of her mouth as she and Jake continued power-walking.

There was a crash. Evelyn glanced over her shoulder to see the hobo sprawled out unconscious over a tipped over garbage bin. Nova wriggled in her arms and she tightened her grip just in case they did have to run.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:17 pm

[[ The Blue Eyed Demon, The Siren, The Spanish Bastard, and The Judgmental Bitch all to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Razz ]]

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:53 pm

[[Ashlee and Seth from the Dorms]]

Ashlee and Seth had been walking around town kind of trying to figure out what to do, although she was hungry and as they were walking she spotted a hot dog cart, "Oooh let's get hot dogs I'm starving and I've never had an authentic New York hot dog from the cart thing."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:58 pm

Seth blinked but led the way there. "I've been in New York all my life but I didn't know we HAD authentic hot dogs. I think these are just the fake gunk-filled kind," he informed Ashlee.

THe hot dog guy glared at him. Seth flashed a brilliant grin at him.

"Two," he said simply. THe guy continued glaring as he began making their hot dogs.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:59 pm

Ashlee nudged Seth, "You know what I mean, I know hot dogs are filler and crap but I mean like one from a cart on the street." The angry looking vendor handed them their hot dogs, and Ashlee went to drown it in ketchup and took a bite out of it.

"Yeah don't care if they're filler, this is good." She said with her mouthful and ketchup on her cheek.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:04 pm

Seth grabbed a napkin off the cart and wrapped his hot dog in it, digging with his free hadn in his pocket and yanking out his wallet. He handed a few bills to the guy and they resumed walking.

Seth took a careful bite out of his, throwing Ashlee an amused glance. "You're frnakly the messiest girl eating I've ever seen."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:12 pm

Ashlee took some napkins she had with her and rubbed them on her cheeks, to get the ketchup off, and swallowed the food in her mouth before speaking, "Yeah well if I'm hungry I eat, I mean I usually eat a lot more proper then this, but then again having an older brother who never really encouraged tidy eating anyway." She grinned.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:46 pm

Seth snickered. "FUnny. My older brother would kill me for not being proper. I've been using a knife and fork since I was four."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:50 pm

"My brother's a slob, I lived with him for like a year in his apartment before he got accepted to Penn State, and he sure as hell was lucky to have me around otherwise the Haz Mat team would have had to quarantine the entire complex." Ashlee shuddered thinking back on her brother's messy apartment.

"I've been meaning to ask you, is your hair natural? Like its really this bright silvery blond color? Not that I mind, I like bright colors, but usually the only time I see a color like that is out of a bottle." Ashlee said making a comment on his hair.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:58 pm

Seth's smug grin widened. "You can't get this out of a bottle, babe." He ran a hand through his hair and then bit into his hot dog. "And yes, I was born with it. It was white blond when I was younger though. So I'm offended every time I see Lady Gaga."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:00 pm

Ashlee shoved the last piece of her hot dog in her mouth, "Yeah well she has the white blond hair but she has like cyan and purple in it too. Then again I hear you I get offended every time I see my roommate with her fake black hair. Mine is au natural."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:17 pm

Seth raised an eyebrow. "That must suck. All I have to put up with are fake blonds."

He finished his hot dog after a while and threw the tissue away, glancing at his watch. About one-forty-five.

Seth heaved a sigh, bored with walking around. He'd been walking around New York way too much lately. He kind of needed something to do.

And really, he figured, he wasn't about to hook up with Ashlee any time soon so he didn't see a reason to waste a whole afternoon with her. She was Connor's seconds. He didn't think she was the hook-up type though.; She seemed a bit more layered than that.

Plus, knowing her friendship with Evelyn, Seth doubted she'd have hooked up with him anyways.

So he was bored. He pulled out his phone and discretely texted Connor.

"Need 2 escape. Call me so I can fake sum tragedy. ;D"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JulietsCurse Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:15 am

on it dude Very Happy

Connor rubbed at his jaw, sitting down on his couch and leaned back, thinking for a moment. "Hmmm.."He paused, grinning and called up Seth.
JulietsCurse
JulietsCurse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:19 am

Seth perked up visibly and answered his call, glancing at Ashlee apologetically. "I should take this...it might be urgent. This dude wouldn't call me otherwise."

Before he could answer, he lifted his phone to his ear. "Yo, what's up? Everything cool?"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JulietsCurse Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:35 am

"Dude, my arm is stuck in the garage disposal." Connor said and shrugged. "I'm pretty much losing all feeling in the bottom half of my arm."
JulietsCurse
JulietsCurse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:43 am

Seth's eyes widened. "OH MY FUCKING GO-uh, Moses!" he corrected himself, looking around at a woman nearby who glared at him and crossed herself.

Seth continued in a panicky voice, sounding like someone had just died during childbirth. "God dammit, that's awful! Holy shit, man, don't worry. Hold tight, I'll-I'll be right there!" He paused and added, "Don't do anything stupid. It'll be all right!"

He hung up and glanced at Ashlee, eyes wide. "I'm sorry. I have to go. My friend. He's uh...." Seth decided garbage disposals didn't sound so tragic compared to how he was reacting. "His, uh, girlfriend just called me and is all like, he's gonna kill himself!" Seth ran a hand through his hair like he'd seen Jake do (his roommate went through this panicky routine quite often and Seth picked up tips). "I really gotta run. I'll see you around. Don't let Jake out yet!"

He turned and tore back toward campus, feeling rather guilty.

[[Seth to Dorms -___-]]
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:25 pm

[[Third Sat in NYC. From [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]]

Seth stepped around a broken beer bottle as they walked down the street. He took a drag on his cigarette and then flung it rather recklessly into a trashcan as they passed it.

Evelyn looked up, arms still around herself, and saw Seth's smoking cigarette get intercepted by some poor woman's open tote bag as she passed Seth going the other way.

Evelyn's eyes widened. Seth hadn't noticed he'd probably singed whatever that lady had in her bag.

Evelyn opened her mouth to say something to Jake and instead sneezed twice. She gritted her teeth, dabbing at her nose with a tissue. "Thanks a lot, Sal. I look forward to weekly illnesses. I hope that swine flu comes through. Then, you can regret killing me."

Nova ahead of them began barking and yanking hard at his leash. He was attempting to aim for a store window nearby with a variety of colourful toys - including a rather large, silver cat.

"Fuck," Seth exclaimed, staring at it. He paused and walked over to stand by Nova. "Looks just like him, huh, you rotten furball?" he said to Nova.

Last edited by Tiger-Lily on Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:36 pm

"No you see I won't have to regret killing you because--" He coughed a few times, he could feel a tickle in his throat which usually indicated any sickness he got before hand, "You'll die, then I'll die shortly after and I can just continue to bug you in hell for the rest of eternity." Jacob grinned, sniffling.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:49 pm

Nova barked angrily at Seth, as if sensing the insult. Evelyn glanced over at him as Seth turned and began walking with James again.

"Yo, where is this place, Narnia?" he asked James.

Nova yanked Ashlee onward, growling lowly at Seth. He turned, sniffed the air and threw Jake and Evelyn, who were behind Ashlee, a glance as if checking they hadn't abandoned him. Then he trotted on.

"Hell would be warmer than this," Evelyn said to Jake miserably. She sneezed again and then glanced sideways at him. He was wearing a hoodie that zipped up in the front. Evelyn exhaled, starting to feel guilty. "Hey, um, Sal?" She really was freezing. The wind caught her bare shoulders harshly. And Jake (as she'd found out earlier that day) was naturally warm all the time. He'd felt kind of like a radiator. Evelyn shook this thought out of mind, shooting James a glance instinctively. He was still cold-shouldering her.

Fine by her.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:56 pm

"I don't remember what the place was called." James racked his brain trying to remember where they had went, like he had told them it was somewhere really close by, it shouldn't be closed it wasn't that late probably almost eight or so, "Hey this is your city is it not, you should know better than me." James retorted.

Jacob looked down at Evelyn, and she was shivering, from the cold. He didn't understand why she was wearing a skirt in this kind of weather, late September in this city it usually got kind of bitter at night, without saying he unzipped his sweater and placed it on her shoulders, "Red you keep taking my sweaters like this I'll have to start charging you for a new wardrobe."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:06 am

"Dude!" Seth threw his hands up as they reached a crossroads. There was no pizzeria in sight. "Manhattan alone is huge. I don't know the location of every store! I only started eating out recently too."

He thought Jake might know this. Jake spent time eating around here.

Evelyn cringed, embarrassed. "I didn't think we'd go out! I was dressed for interior weather. Which was nice and toasty, mind you!" she said defensively. She felt bad though. Jake was now only in a thin shirt. This seemed to occur way too often. Impulsively. Evelyn leaned over and slipped her arms around his waist in a hug in silent thanks before pulling away rather quickly and flushing when Seth suddenly turned back.

"Yo, Jake," he said, giving no indication he'd seen anything amiss. "D'you remember a pizzeria here? Think hard else James will lead us to the druggie district." Evelyn's sudden movement caused Jake's hoodie to dislodge and she caught it hastily, going faintly red when Seth raised an eyebrow at her. Ignoring him, Evelyn slipped her arms into the large hoodie, relieved at the heat it had packed form Jake, along with that distinct scent that Nova had caught earlier.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:19 am

Jake had jolted a bit, he really wasn't expecting Evelyn to give him a hug for lending his sweater out to her. He just smiled at her, and tried to think of a pizza place to answer the impatient Seth, "Um..." He bit lip, he Jake did eat a lot around the area but he just never kept in mind where he did. Although the place James had mentioned sounded familiar.

Jake spotted it across the street from them, "Oh yeah there's Mark's we're just on the wrong side of the street, lets cross up ahead."

Nova barked up at Jake, and Ashlee handed the leash to Jake, "Here I think he's been trying to get to you all night." Ashlee smiled and fell back to walk next to Evelyn. She smirked when she went to stand next to Evelyn since she saw her friend give Jake a hug when Evelyn thought no one was looking, she lowered her voice though so the boys wouldn't hear, "Totally saw that hug, and is that another sweater to add to your collection?"

James heard the last bit of Ashlee's remark to Evelyn and turned his head to cast a glance at her, and noticed that Jake was walking around Manhattan in pretty cold weather while Evelyn wore his sweater. James was confused by this he thought that they weren't involved? By the sounds of Ashlee, it didn't sound like it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next