New York Beats Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Vudu Lounge
ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open] - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 12:31 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Ashlee, Evelyn, and Lola's Apartment
ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open] - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 3:58 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Summer's Lament [OPEN]
ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open] - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:47 pm by crm51

» Greenwich Hotel Info
ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open] - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:58 am by Tiger-Lily

» Brittany Hall Info
ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open] - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:52 am by Tiger-Lily

» Housing Registry 2011-2012
ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open] - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:24 am by Tiger-Lily

» Student Registry
ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open] - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:40 pm by Tiger-Lily

» Italy: Summer 2011
ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open] - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:04 am by Tiger-Lily

» Jake's House: Birthday Flames [Jake/Antonio/Ashton]
ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open] - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:18 am by Tiger-Lily

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 58 on Thu May 05, 2022 10:11 pm
Affiliates
RPG-D

Credits
Forum Skin: AnthoAsho
Header Image: Tiger-Lily (Admin)
Background/Other Images: Google Images

ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open]

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open] - Page 7 Empty Re: ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open]

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:48 am

Luke nodded and stood up. He paused, examining Jake, and then said, "You're okay, Jake," after a moment.

He turned and headed for the door, pausing before he exited, and his usually kind golden-brown eyes narrowed as he looked back at Jake. "But if she wants to end it...you'll stay the hell away from her, won't you?" It was a subtle threat. If Evelyn wanted to move on after a clean break, she was damn well going to get what she wanted.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

https://newyorkbeats.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open] - Page 7 Empty Re: ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open]

Post  Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:54 am

Jake nodded at Luke he was a pretty cool guy, could see why James and Evelyn were friends with him. But he had to wonder could he stay away from Evelyn like she wanted him to? He had managed to do it for a month and he was sure after awhile these feelings would go away for her. Plus him being in the hospital would mean seeing way less of her.

She had only visited the night she left him the chocolate ducks, but since then hasn't been back. So it was obvious she was making the effort to stay away.

"We do live on the same floor its hard not to run into her, but since I'll be in here after the term ends. We won't be seeing much of each other anymore. Especially if we wanna get over each other. Luke I'm gonna be honest I'm gonna try my best to stay away from her, but I can't help if there is a future run in." It was his honest thought, he couldn't help if he did run into her. But Jake needed to move on too if Evelyn was going to and maybe this time away from her would help him out.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:56 am

Luke bit the inside of his cheek and then nodded slowly. He turned and then stepped back in again. He flashed Jake the smallest of genuine smiles. "Nice hit on that dude at the game, by the way. He's probably still crying. I know Lyn is all about being tough but she could've gotten hurt. So thanks for....lookin' out for her."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:00 am

Jake smiled back at Luke, "What can I say I have a mean right hook, and it was no problem." Jake would have taken out an army of guys just to keep Evelyn out of danger.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:04 am

Luke nodded at him and then headed out, closing the door quietly behind him as he headed down the hallway toward home.

[[Luke to Dorms]]

Last edited by Tiger-Lily on Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:42 pm

After Luke had left Jacob had sat in his room, playing on his phone and uploading a few pictures onto Facebook that he had been meaning to. His nurse had come in a couple of times to check up on him, and he even talked to her for a little bit. But he had been pretty tired today and Rachel waking him up from sleeping wasn't anything he had been expecting or wanted.

For about an hour Jake sort of did nothing and was pretty bored of sitting around, he figured next time Lola came he'd ask her to bring him a book or something to keep him entertained, but for now he decided to get some sleep.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:00 pm

[[Evelyn from Dorms]]]

After a treacherous fifteen-minute journey in heavy snowfall and twenty minutes on the subway, Evelyn, sneezing and slipping, managed to reach the hospital. She shook the snow out of her hair as she strode down the hall Jake's ward was located in. There was still too much snow caught in her hair to be gotten rid of so she ignored it.

The walk had helped her calm herself, clear her fuming, stressing head in the freezing temperature. It was why she'd wanted to lie down in the snow so much. It might sound crazy but she felt relaxed lying in the cold, soft clouds that frosted every surface. Of course, the last time she'd mentioned wanting to lie in snow, she'd been taken as delirious, so she decided to keep this to herself.

She had actually visited Jake twice since the day she'd dropped off the chocolate ducks. Both times, she had checked through his door's window to ensure he was sound asleep, waiting for about ten minutes the last time she came because he kept shifting restlessly.

Similarly, she waited outside and peered at him, ascertaining he was asleep for sure, before silently opening his door. She'd noticed he was down to one chocolate duck the last time she'd been here, so she undid her heavy coat and pulled out another box of chocolate ducks, placing them on his nightstand and picking up the older box, now empty. She tossed it in the waste bin and blew on her cold hands a little, seeing the tips of her fingers go blue.

She turned and walked silently as she could over to Jake's bed. Yep, definitely asleep then. She leaned over and kissed his cheek like she always did on her silent visits, and then carefully sat down by his feet, lowering her head, and rubbed her temples with her cold hands, feeling her frustration return.

First the damn law exams (and no matter what Connor claimed, law school was horrible!) and now Jake in the damn hospital and the stupid love potion always weighing on her conscience. Her heart picked up, pounding furiously in response to her rising apprehension. I'm gonna blow a freaking artery if i don't calm down. She took a few deep breaths and closed her eyes. For once, there was silence in her head. No Nova barking for constant attention, no stupid professors lecturing, no friends piling guilt on her. And no James with that hurt in his stupid blue eyes. Dimly, Evelyn realized her chest had begun to ache again, but she didn't know why.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:15 pm

Jacob had rolled over from his stomach to his back, he had grown uncomfortable sleeping on his stomach because he was so used to sleeping on his side, oblivious to Evelyn even being there on his bed.

He had sighed in his sleep then turned his head muttering something, "No... I don't want pancakes thank you."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:19 pm

Pancakes?

Evelyn lifted her head from her hands, blinking at Jake. The hell? She frowned at him, worried for a second he was awake.

No, Jake was sleep talking.

For possibly the first time all day, Evelyn felt a genuine grin tug at her lips. As she'd found out from James, sleeptalkers were fun to talk to. She scooted over carefully so she was sitting by Jake's hand and leaned over to say quietly in his ear, "Not even with maple syrup?"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:36 pm

"No... because pancakes are for... the evil. I like waffles." Jake responded sleepily to Evelyn.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:41 pm

"Aren't they the same thing?" Evelyn wondered out loud. "Pancakes look cuter." She was getting tired again so she straightened, sitting upright, and then leaned over and rested her elbows on Jake's mattress beside his arm. The position was awkward since she was halfway lying down but it would work.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:46 pm

"No pancakes are..." Jake stopped halfway in his sentence, "No... go away." Jake had muttered, worriedly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:48 pm

Evelyn wondered just what the hell he was dreaming about that had him suddenly panicky. Still lying on her stomach, she reached over and brushed his hair off his forehead with light fingers so as not to wake him. "Go away who?" she asked softly.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:56 pm

"Ry...it hurts again." Jake whispered quietly and reached for his side instinctively, but remained asleep.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:05 pm

A stab of pain shot through Evelyn and she instinctively leaned over, carefully slipping one arm over his chest to give him a hug as best she could without hurting him. For a moment, her head rested against his chest but he was out of it so she was fine. "Don't worry, Jake. Super Seth will kick his ass." She wasn't sure who Ry was but figured it was the guy who had attacked Jake.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:14 pm

Jake had shifted slightly in his sleep, he moved his arm which had been clutching to his side and had wrapped it around Evelyn. "Thank you..." He whispered,thanking whoever in his dream had promised to defeat Ryder.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:27 pm

For a second, Evelyn was so comfortable after her tiring day that she just lay there, eyes fluttering shut. She didn't want to move. Asleep Jake meant a Jake who wouldn't make her question her weird feelings and confusing thoughts.

At that second, though, the door swung open and Evelyn gave a startled gasp and jerked upright.

She blinked at the pretty blond nurse who stood frozen in the doorway. The nurse was pushing a cart with gauze and other supplies on it. Bandage dressing time, Evelyn deduced. She flashed the nurse a small smile, feeling her cheeks redden when she realized Jake's arm was still around her. And she was somehow lying down next to him (hadn't she been sitting?), her boots dangling off his bed.

I can't escape the compromising position even when he's asleep! she thought, embarrassed.

"I'll leave you to it," she said silently to the nurse, hastily swinging her legs off the side of the bed and re-buttoning her coat. She dimly realized her snow-coated coat had wet Jake's shirtfront. He'd be a bit confused when he woke up and found his sheets and shirt smelling of fresh snow.

The nurse looked a little angry. Evelyn wondered why as she stood up.

And then she realized why. Her eyes narrowed and annoyance flared in her. What this girl didn't know wouldn't kill her. Evelyn smiled sweetly at her and leaned down, giving Jake a light kiss on his lips, feeling her pulse quicken for a second, and then straightened up and left the room quietly, smiling to herself.

The nurse slammed the door behind her rather loudly.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:44 pm

"Mmm..." Jake muttered he was awoken by someone slamming the door a little too loudly, he looked up and saw his nurse changing his bandage. Had it been her?

"Hey,was someone here?" Jake asked rubbing the sleep from his eyes, he went to scratch his neck and felt his damp shirt?

What the hell?

Jake wondered if he had attempted to drink water or something like that? "Hey... did you spill water or anything when you came in here? My shirt is all wet." Jake asked the nurse, it was cold too. It felt someone had been rolling in the snow and came in here to give him a huge hug. Which wasn't too far off from what had really happened but he wouldn't know.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:49 pm

The nurse frowned at him and said icily, "Yes, your friend was here."
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:52 pm

"My friend?" Jake tilted his head. He wasn't sure who had come and visit him. But he figured the nurse had seen them and she seemed kind of annoyed. Maybe it had been Seth? That usually tended to be the general reaction towards him.

"Which friend was it? Do you remember what they looked like?" He asked her.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:56 pm

"Some brunette girl, it's not in my job description to keep track of your visitors," the nurse informed him.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:04 pm

A brunette girl?

Had it been Lola? And why was the nurse being such a bitch for? If anything the nurse had known Lola since she visited often and she didn't seem to have a problem with her. Whatever its not like it bothered him.

Jacob reached to grab his phone off the table and as he did he noticed that his ducks had been replaced. And then it clicked to him why the nurse was upset. It wasn't Lola that had been here, it was Evelyn. It was funny how she kept visiting him when he was asleep, but he could see why the nurse would be jealous.

Jake scrolled through his phone and found Evelyn's name and texted her.

Gracias for the ducks again, Roja. Quack quack! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:12 pm

The nurse finished bandaging him up and then left without her usual flirty smile.

Evelyn was just outside the hospital when her phone buzzed. She pulled it out of her pocket and froze a second, pulse quickening as she noticed it was a text from Jake.

She hesitantly opened it up and skimmed it, but if anything, it brought her down even as she smiled. She sighed and put her phone away without answering him, heading toward the nearest subway.

[[Evelyn to Freshmen Dorms]]

At that second, a tired but dry Seth texted Jake. I have converted Tigger to the Dark Side! Very Happy
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:16 pm

Jake read Seth's text message and remembered reading a status or two earlier about Seth's and Antonio's snow war. Jake laughed and sent back to Seth.

I'm sure Ash is thrilled Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:20 pm

Seth replied after a moment. He just said he wishes u were back. How u holdin up? Sorry I didnt swing by. Meant to but was so damn tired afterwards. D: U bored?
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next