New York Beats Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Vudu Lounge
ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open] - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 12:31 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Ashlee, Evelyn, and Lola's Apartment
ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open] - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 3:58 pm by Cheerful-Panda

» Summer's Lament [OPEN]
ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open] - Page 8 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:47 pm by crm51

» Greenwich Hotel Info
ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open] - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:58 am by Tiger-Lily

» Brittany Hall Info
ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open] - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:52 am by Tiger-Lily

» Housing Registry 2011-2012
ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open] - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:24 am by Tiger-Lily

» Student Registry
ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open] - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:40 pm by Tiger-Lily

» Italy: Summer 2011
ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open] - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:04 am by Tiger-Lily

» Jake's House: Birthday Flames [Jake/Antonio/Ashton]
ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open] - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:18 am by Tiger-Lily

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 58 on Thu May 05, 2022 10:11 pm
Affiliates
RPG-D

Credits
Forum Skin: AnthoAsho
Header Image: Tiger-Lily (Admin)
Background/Other Images: Google Images

ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open]

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open] - Page 8 Empty Re: ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open]

Post  Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:35 pm

Jake's phone vibrated again, and he was hoping it was Evelyn responding to his text. Even if it was just a simple "your welcome" or hell even an "lol" that would make him feel better. Despite everything that had happened between them, he was grateful to her. He just wanted to thank her for being there. There had hardly been anyone out that night because of the game, so if she wasn't there with him he probably would have bleed to death before someone had found him.

He opened his messages and was a little disappointed when he had gotten another text from Seth. He wondered why she was ignoring him? Jake knew that she didn't want to be talking since they wanted to get over each other. Jake just sighed and replied to Seth.

Im okay, just was sleeping and stuff. Ash and Lo visited. Even Luke came, he's not so bad btw we talked and stuff. Oh and Rachel came too so today was pretty entertaining. Its okay if u didn't come today, come by when u guys are done w/ finals and stuff.

Jake sent back, he knew that they were all taking turns to visit him but he knew they needed to study. They could all still study, he'd still be here even after their finals were over.

Back to top Go down

ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open] - Page 8 Empty Re: ER Ward: Playing Hero [Jake/Open]

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:39 pm

Seth was momentarily stunned at this. Rachel?!

He replied: That bitch? The fuck was she doin there? D: N dont worry, bro. We're planin to cart u to vegas even if ur in a wheelchair. ;D We'll put u in a box with "Fragile" on it. ^_^ New Years at the strip!
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

https://newyorkbeats.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:46 pm

Jake grinned at that message, honestly a New Years Eve trip away from this city sounded really ideal. Although he'd probably have to run it by his parents given that they've been treating him like he was made out of glass since this whole incident with Ryder.

Sounds like a plan bro, but hey!! I can ride on the plane and get us bad ass seats! Handicapped seats are always in like first class and shit ;D He sent back to Seth.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:48 pm

We don't need to snag seats when the whole jet is ours, dumbass. Seth replied shortly.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:50 pm

Ohh you fancy huh? Wait actually you are D: But sounds like major fun to me! Gotta convince the rents' though. Normally they wouldn't care but given current situation they may be hesitant :/ Jake texted back to Seth.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:52 pm

I'll hire u a private nurse ;D. But, Seth paused in his texting, and his smile slipped. He continued. I wanna bring Rose. I don't wanna kiss some random girl on New years. ;D
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:35 pm

Jake frowned reading Seth's message, honestly he was thrilled that Seth liked the girl so much but by the way he made it sound, it sounded like it was gonna be a guys trip out there.

Um... that's great dude but it won't it be kind of awkward for her being the only girl there with all us guys? Jake sent him, it was the truth what would she do with a bunch of guys.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:43 pm

She can invite her girlfriends or something. I dont mind. We wont be with them all the time. No worries. ;D Seth replied quickly, realizing what Jake was hinting at. I don't wanna just be standing there on new years or hell, with some other girl ya know?
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:47 pm

Jacob read Seth's message and was afraid he'd say something like that. But he knew what Seth meant about wanting to kiss the girl you wanted on New Years Eve. Jake looked over at the newly brought ducks sitting on his table; he knew the girl he wanted to kiss at midnight. He sighed and replied to Seth. Yeah I hear ya dude.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:53 pm

It took Seth a moment to realize that, once again, he had said something he shouldn't have.

He was really bad at this.

Fuck. Im sorry. D:, he sent back hastily.

Last edited by Tiger-Lily on Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:57 pm

Jake didn't want Seth to feel bad, it was normal how he was feeling. It just sucked it had to be at the same time that Evelyn had decided to end things with him. Any other time and Jake wouldn't have let that faze him at all.

Dude you're fine don't worry about me. I can handle it alright? Listen I'm kind of tired I'm gonna call it an early night, talk to you tomorrow goodnight.

Jake set his phone down on the table and turned off his light and turned to face out his window watching the snow fall. He closed his eyes as he drifted off into sleep, thinking of a certain brunette lying in the snow.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:07 pm

[[From The Plaza Hotel]]

Evelyn was definitely earning stares as the limo pulled up to the front of the hospital. She earned even more stairs as she stepped out when the driver pulled open the door, and entered the hospital, delicate heels clicking softly on the tiled entryway.

She ignored the looks the bottom of her dress was getting her (it was visible underneath her long trench coat). With her elaborate curls and make-up job she looked more like she'd gotten lost on the way to a fashion shoot than being here to visit someone.

Evelyn ignored the stares, feeling a self-conscious flush rise in her cheeks as she headed down the ward Jake's room was in. She peered in Jake's room window cautiously.. There was a good chance he was awake since Ashton had been talking to him a while ago.

Last edited by Tiger-Lily on Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:14 pm

Jacob had been trying really hard to stay awake and talk to Ashton. He sounded like he had needed help with Seth but there really wasn't anything he could do from where he was. He had let Ashton know that if Seth did indeed go to jail tonight where to find money to bail him out of jail in his room.

Jake had laughed a couple times trying to imagine Seth fighting with Georgiana. He had wanted to talk to Ashton a bit more to ask about the dance but the nurse, (a different one) had given him pain medication. Because around time he had read everyones statuses for the formal his side really started to hurt him more than it usually was so the nurse had come in a little bit ago and now he was struggling to stay awake because he kept drifting off into sleep.

But he couldn't really talk to Ashton anymore so he set his phone down and fell asleep again.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:28 pm

Evelyn watched Jake's eyelids flutter for a moment before his head fell back and he drifted off. Heart in mouth, she pushed open his door and entered, cringing at the sharp clack of her heels. There wasn't a lot she could do about it though.

She had the limo driver's contact info. As long as she left the hospital before twelve midnight, she'd be able to get a ride home without having to subway it in this dress.

She had about three hours though and she really didn't want to go anywhere else, feeling worn out already. And she was tipsy. Her head ached badly as she pulled off her coat and placed it on a chair before walking back to Jake's side. She leaned over and carefully brushed a kiss on his cheek before straightening and sitting down at his feet while she pulled off her wool scarf.

Her stomach rumbled. She had missed dinner at the formal. She honestly could care less. She sighed and got up, walking in her horribly clicking heels over to Jake's night-stand.

It just struck her that, even though she had been bringing the Spaniard those ducks, she'd yet to eat one herself. It was almost patriotic of her to! She picked up the remaining duck in his second box and wished she'd stopped to get him another one. Next time, then. She walked shakily back to where she'd been sitting at his feet and carefully sat down, feeling her head swim as the alcohol turned in her empty stomach. She bit into the duck and nearly passed out in relief. She'd skipped lunch because of her hair appointment.

All that prepping, and for what? She loved formals and dancing, and yet she hadn't been in the mood for either. She sincerely hoped James was having fun. Absently, she crossed the room on wobbly feet and pulled her phone out of her purse, which she picked up and dropped beside her on Jake's bed.

Her head spun as the alcohol began to hit harder on her empty stomach. Ashlee had warned her. That last drink was a bad idea. Evelyn sat down a little heavily and cringed, because she had just jostled the whole mattress and probably put poor Jake in severe pain. She glanced over at him as she texted James.

Plz tell me ur not just sitting there.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:33 pm

Jake drew in a sharp breath as he felt the mattress shake onto his wound,he went to touch his bandage but his hand only made it halfway before he dropped it to his side and remained asleep, the pain medication was too strong for him to stir from.

James had grabbed something to eat when he saw his message from Evelyn and responded to her I'm not, I'm eating. Real hungry. He sent to her.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:46 pm

Evelyn cursed James halfway across Manhattan. She glanced up worriedly when Jake stirred. For a second, she froze, a deer-in-headlights look in her eyes. How the hell would she explain what she was doing here? She was an idiot. She'd just ditched a major formal (the biggest in the year) and for what? She hadn't even gotten the dinner included in her ticket! Jake would think she'd gone nuts. Not that he was sane himself but...

Evelyn ran a hand through her curls, feeling too worn out to reprimand herself. She'd been doing it all night!

She texted James back and stifled a sudden yawn, feeling exhausted and weak from no food and too much alcohol. The weekend had been spent in a shopping frenzy with the girls, getting ready for the formal and buying shoes and accessories.

I hate u right now. -_- Should have stopped at Mickey D's on my way :/ Is Seth calm now?

Feeling drowsy, she dropped on her side, half-sitting, half-lying with her legs hanging over the side of the hospital bed. And then remembered she was leaning against Jake's injured side so she sat up hastily and reached over for a mini Snickers bar off his nightstand.

The hospital had a cafeteria. Evelyn got to her feet and walked out of Jake's room with her purse. Now that her strapless gold/black number was showing fully, the stares were beyond incredulous.

She reached the cafeteria downstairs and bought a couple of chicken sandwiches and a soda before heading back up to Jake's room and sitting down dizzily. She felt ready to throw up but she forced the sandwich down her throat.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:13 pm

Rose is w/ him, he's coming to eat. All is good James sent her as he returned to eating.

Jake turned over onto his back, he sniffed the air and his nose was filled with the scent of chicken.

He wondered why his room smelled like chicken? Jake's eyes fluttered open and through his eyes he saw a black and gold blur.

Jake tried to sit up and see who visited, but he felt so warm and he relaxed that he had barely lifted himself off before he just gave up and lay down.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:33 pm

Evelyn nearly swallowed her first sandwich whole, she was that hungry. James' reply made her cringe.

Who knew her formal would end like this, with her sitting in a quiet hospital room eating a chicken sandwich, dressed to the nines? Yet, if she were honest, she'd rather be here than at the Plaza Hotel. She didn't know what was wrong with her but she already felt better. Maybe it was the calmness of the room and its sleeping inhabitant. Maybe it was just Jake himself.

She started on he second sandwich and felt the bed move as Jake turned over on his back. She barely glanced up and realized he had gone still again, so must have gone back to sleep. He was usually heavily drugged anyways. She returned to her next sandwich and was unable to stifle a yawn. She couldn't touch her eyes or she'd smear her makeup so she just sat there blinking sleepily as her head ached.

But a sense of guilt still remained in her. She texted Ashlee this time. Make sure James doesnt just sit there all night. :/ Ive already ruined it enough for him. Find him a cute girl. ;D
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:38 am

Jacob shifted again trying to get comfortable but he really couldn't sleep. His side was bothering him.

He moaned opening his eyes and sitting up.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:46 am

For a second, Evelyn stopped breathing in alarm. And then she realized it wasn't some undead creature - it was Jake, groaning in pain.

She turned toward him, finishing off her sandwich - and froze in real horror this time. He was sitting up, blinking. In about ten seconds, he'd see her.

He couldn't see her! He shouldn't see her!

Evvlyn's heart beat fanatically as she glanced at the door and she decided she was crazy enough to try making run for it.She jumped off his bed, scattering her clutch, phone and scarf onto the floor, and lunged at her coat, grabbing at it and tripping over the long skirt of her dress. She stumbled and her high heels skidded across the tiles. "Merde!" she swore and then caught her balance - by toppling backwards onto Jake's legs. "Oww!" Her clutch bounced off his mattress to the floor. God knew where her iPhone and scarf went.
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:54 am

Jacob's eyes burst open and he felt a thump onto his legs, he looked down and couldn't believe what he saw?

Evelyn?!

First he pinched himself to see if maybe this was all some sort of bizzare dream. He twisted his skin and made a face, this was real alright.

But what was Evelyn doing here dressed up in her dress? Was the dance over?

Jake leaned over and poked Evelyn lightly in the side, he almost didn't say anything but all the racket she made. She probably woke up half the hospital.

"Hey, what are you doing here? Is the dance over?" Jake asked her.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:02 am

She sat up hastily and reddened, realizing her dress was slipping a little. Stupid strap-less thing.

Evelyn glanced over her shoulder. No nurse had come running in. She wasn't that loud then.

Jake kind of looked like he was in shock. Evelyn stood up hastily, shying away from his hand. She opened her mouth and then closed it, wrapping her arms around herself self-consciously. "I..." She froze, not really sure what to say, and brushed her elaborate curls out of her face. "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you but you startled me and I kind of uh....I was trying to leave quietly," she muttered, blushing furiously. "I, uh, I'm gonna leave you to your nap!" Oh hell, I need to get out of here. She backtracked to her coat and grabbed it.

Last edited by Tiger-Lily on Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:10 am

"No wait..." Jake said quietly reaching for her hand to keep her from leaving. He wanted to see her so much, and all she had been doing was visiting him when he was sleeping.

Jake took her in, she looked radiant, like a beautiful doll.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger-Lily Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:24 am

She froze and momentarily stopped breathing along with it when she felt his hand catch hers. His skin was always warm, unlike hers, which was cold from its lack of gloves.

Evelyn turned her head, not looking at him, but she let go of her coat anyway, even though a part of her wanted to bolt. Silent visits. That was all she wanted. "Hm?"
Tiger-Lily
Tiger-Lily
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:37 am

Jake forgot what he was gonna say because he was too busy staring at her. Whoever her date was, was one lucky guy.

Jacob shook his head, and cleared his throat, "I just wanted to tell you thanks. If you hadn't had been there that night I probably wouldn't be here right now. I'm really grateful."

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next